Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Share This Author
Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: A Clinical Update
- Joseph M Pappachan, S. Babu, Babu Krishnan, N. C. Ravindran
- MedicineJournal of clinical and translational hepatology
- 26 July 2017
This review summarizes the latest evidence on the epidemiology, natural history, pathogenesis, diagnosis and management of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
Snakebite envenoming in Kerala, South India: clinical profile and factors involved in adverse outcomes
Early administration of SAV reduces the risk of complications and the presence of leucocytosis and severe coagulopathy can predict adverse outcomes, as well as predicting adverse outcomes in patients with snakebite envenoming.
Diabetic cardiomyopathy: Pathophysiology, diagnostic evaluation and management.
- Joseph M Pappachan, G. Varughese, R. Sriraman, Ganesan Arunagirinathan
- Medicine, BiologyWorld journal of diabetes
- 15 October 2013
The management of DbCM involves improvement in lifestyle, control of glucose and lipid abnormalities, and treatment of hypertension and CAD, if present, and the role of vasoactive drugs and antioxidants is being explored.
Omega-3 fatty acids: a comprehensive review of their role in health and disease
- B. Yashodhara, S. Umakanth, Joseph M Pappachan, S. K. Bhat, R. Kamath, B. Choo
- MedicinePostgraduate Medical Journal
- 1 February 2009
This review outlines the health implications, dietary sources, deficiency states and recommended allowances of ω-3 FAs in relation to human nutrition and recommends a minimum of two portions of fish a week to obtain the health benefit.
Diagnosis and Management of Pheochromocytoma: A Practical Guide to Clinicians
- Joseph M Pappachan, D. Raskauskiene, R. Sriraman, M. Edavalath, F. Hanna
- MedicineCurrent Hypertension Reports
- 3 May 2014
An update on the diagnostic evaluation and management of PCCs and PGLs is presented here.
The clinical spectrum of acute coronary syndromes: experience from a major center in Kerala.
- K. J. R. Misiriya, N. Sudhayakumar, S. Khadar, R. George, V. L. Jayaprakasht, Joseph M Pappachan
- MedicineThe Journal of the Association of Physicians of…
- 1 May 2009
The mortality rates in ACS and STEMI remain high in this hospital and subjects with diabetes mellitus, females and elderly individuals had greater mortality rates and are high risk groups.
Microalbuminuria in patients with essential hypertension and its relationship to target organ damage: an Indian experience.
- B. Hitha, Joseph M Pappachan, K. J. Raihanathul Misiriya
- MedicineSaudi journal of kidney diseases and…
- 1 May 2008
The prevalence of MA in essential hypertension is high and patients with MA have high odds for developing TOD like stroke, LVH and hypertensive retinopathy like left ventricular hypertrophy, according to univariate analysis.
Cardiac autonomic neuropathy in diabetes mellitus: prevalence, risk factors and utility of corrected QT interval in the ECG for its diagnosis
QTc interval in the ECG can be used to diagnose CAN with reasonable sensitivity, specificity and positive predictive value and higher age, longer duration of diabetes and peripheral neuropathy are significant risk factors.
Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: a diabetologist’s perspective
The clinical spectrum, patho-physiological features and therapeutic options of NAFLD share many things in common with type 2 diabetes mellitus and therefore, the diabetologist’s perspective of the disease is highlighted.
Gastrointestinal complications of diabetes mellitus.
- Babu Krishnan, S. Babu, Jessica Walker, A. Walker, Joseph M Pappachan
- MedicineWorld journal of diabetes
- 15 June 2013
Though GI complications of diabetes are relatively common, awareness about its manifestations and treatment options are low among physicians, and optimal management of GI complications is important for appropriate metabolic control of diabetes and improvement in quality of life of the patient.