Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Share This Author
Kojic acid, a secondary metabolite from Aspergillus sp., acts as an inducer of macrophage activation
- A. P. D. Rodrigues, Antônio Sergio C. Carvalho, A. Santos, C. N. Alves, José Luiz M. Nascimento, E. O. Silva
- Biology, MedicineCell biology international
- 1 April 2011
Results indicate that KA can modulate macrophage activation through cytoskeleton rearrangement, increase cell surface exposure, enhance the phagocytic process and ROS production, and demonstrates a new role for KA as a macrophages activator.
Activity of the julocrotine, a glutarimide alkaloid from Croton pullei var. glabrior, on Leishmania (L.) amazonensis
- Leda R. C. Guimarães, A. P. D. Rodrigues, +5 authors E. O. Silva
- Biology, MedicineParasitology Research
- 27 July 2010
Results suggest that julocrotine effectively inhibits the growth of parasites and does not have any cytototoxic effects on the host cell.
Cinnamaldehyde modulates LPS-induced systemic inflammatory response syndrome through TRPA1-dependent and independent mechanisms.
- Saulo J F Mendes, Fernanda I A B Sousa, +11 authors E. Fernandes
- MedicineInternational immunopharmacology
- 1 May 2016
Cinnamaldehyde is a natural essential oil suggested to possess anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties; and to activate transient receptor potential ankyrin 1 (TRPA1) channels expressed on…
Inhibition of tyrosinase by 4H‐chromene analogs: Synthesis, kinetic studies, and computational analysis
- Edikarlos Brasil, L. M. Canavieira, +10 authors C. Alves
- Chemistry, MedicineChemical biology & drug design
- 1 November 2017
A kinetic study and molecular modeling provided important insight into the mechanism of binding interactions with the tyrosinase copper active site and suggested that these synthetic heterocyclic compounds behave as competitive inhibitors for the L‐DOPA binding site of the enzyme.
Antinociceptive and Antiinflammatory Properties of the Ethanolic Extract of Pouteria ramiflora Roots
- E. A. F. Júnior, P. J. Souza, José Luiz M. Nascimento, S. N. Santos, L. Espindola, V. M. Ferreira
SUMMARY. The present study investigated the antinociceptive and antiinflammatory activities of the ethanolic extract of Pouteria ramiflora (EEPr) roots, commonly known in Brazil as “curiola”. The…