Anti-Inflammatory Activities of Cinnamomum cassia Constituents In Vitro and In Vivo
- Jung-Chun Liao, Jeng‐Shyan Deng, Guan-Jhong Huang
- BiologyEvidence-Based Complementary and Alternative…
- 27 March 2012
It is demonstrated that cinnamic aldehyde has excellent anti-inflammatory activities and thus has great potential to be used as a source for natural health products.
Hispolon induces apoptosis and cell cycle arrest of human hepatocellular carcinoma Hep3B cells by modulating ERK phosphorylation.
- Guan-Jhong Huang, Jeng‐Shyan Deng, Shyh-shyun Huang, Miao-lin Hu
- Biology, ChemistryJournal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry
- 10 June 2011
Findings establish a mechanistic link between the MAPK pathway and hispolon-induced cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in Hep3B cells.
Hispolon from Phellinus linteus induces G0/G1 cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in NB4 human leukaemia cells.
- Yi-chuan Chen, Heng-yuan Chang, Guan-Jhong Huang
- BiologyThe American Journal of Chinese Medicine
- 15 November 2013
It is concluded that hispolon induces both of extrinsic and intrinsic apoptotic pathways in NB4 human leukemia cells in vitro.
Anti-inflammatory activities of cardamonin from Alpinia katsumadai through heme oxygenase-1 induction and inhibition of NF-κB and MAPK signaling pathway in the carrageenan-induced paw edema.
- Yuan-yuan Li, Shyh-shyun Huang, Min-Min Lee, Jeng‐Shyan Deng, Guan-Jhong Huang
- Biology, MedicineInternational Immunopharmacology
- 1 April 2015
Anti-Inflammatory Activities of Inotilone from Phellinus linteus through the Inhibition of MMP-9, NF-κB, and MAPK Activation In Vitro and In Vivo
- Guan-Jhong Huang, Shyh-shyun Huang, Jeng‐Shyan Deng
- Biology, ChemistryPLoS ONE
- 8 May 2012
The anti-inflammatory activities of inotilone might be related to decrease the levels of MDA, iNOS, COX-2, NF-κB, and MMP-9 and increase the activities of CAT, SOD, and GPx in the paw edema through the suppression of TNF-α and NO.
Protective effect of antrosterol from Antrodia camphorata submerged whole broth against carbon tetrachloride-induced acute liver injury in mice
- Guan-Jhong Huang, Jeng‐Shyan Deng, Shyh-shyun Huang, Yi-Yuan Shao, Chen Chin-Chu, Y. Kuo
- Biology, Chemistry
- 15 May 2012
Ginsenoside Rh2 Ameliorates Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Acute Lung Injury by Regulating the TLR4/PI3K/Akt/mTOR, Raf-1/MEK/ERK, and Keap1/Nrf2/HO-1 Signaling Pathways in Mice
- Yung-Hung Hsieh, Jeng‐Shyan Deng, Yuan-Shiun Chang, Guan-Jhong Huang
- Biology, MedicineNutrients
- 1 September 2018
In vivo experimental study suggested that GRh2 has anti-inflammatory effects, and has potential therapeutic efficacy in major anterior segment lung diseases.
In Vitro Antioxidant Properties and Total Phenolic Contents of Wetland Medicinal Plants in Taiwan
- Yu-Ling Ho, Shyh-shyun Huang, Jeng‐Shyan Deng, Yaw‐Huei Lin, Yuan-Shiun Chang, Guan-Jhong Huang
It is demonstrated that although phytochemicals in the wetland medicinal plants may contribute significantly to their antioxidant activities, these antioxidant activities were not directly related to the polyphenol quantity.
Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antiproliferative activities of Taxillus sutchuenensis.
- Chia-Yu Liu, Ying-Chih Lin, Jeng‐Shyan Deng, Jung-Chun Liao, W. Peng, Guan-Jhong Huang
- Chemistry, MedicineThe American Journal of Chinese Medicine
- 30 April 2012
The experimental data indicated that T. sutchuenensis is a potent antioxidant medicinal plant, and such efficacy may be mainly attributed to its polyphenolic compounds.
Inducible nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxygenase-2 participate in anti-inflammatory activity of imperatorin from Glehnia littoralis.
- Guan-Jhong Huang, Jeng‐Shyan Deng, Y. Kuo
- BiologyJournal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry
- 8 February 2012
Results suggested that imperatorin had anti-inflammatory effects in LPS-stimulated RAW 264.7 cells and Carr-injected mice, respectively, and inhibition of elevated iNOS and COX-2 protein expression as well as neutrophil infiltration of Carr- injected paws may be involved in the beneficial effects of Imperatorin.