Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
[Pathophysiology of postoperative pain].
The rapid progress in neurophysiology and neuropharmacology has made it possible to understand an entire series of pain-related processes. The discovery of endogenic opioid system, the noradrenergic… Expand
Radiofrequency denervation with or without addition of pentoxifylline or methylprednisolone for chronic lumbar zygapophysial joint pain.
Radiofrequency neurolysis of lumbar medial branch is currently the only proven way to treat patients with chronic lumbar zygapophysial joint pain, however, in some patients it can cause transient… Expand
The Effects of Local Pentoxifylline and Propentofylline Treatment on Formalin-Induced Pain and Tumor Necrosis Factor-α Messenger RNA Levels in the Inflamed Tissue of the Rat Paw
- Magdalena Dorazil-Dudzik, J. Mika, +4 authors B. Przewłocka
- Anesthesia and analgesia
- 1 June 2004
We sought to determine whether local administration of pentoxifylline (PTF) or propentofylline (PPTF), which hinders cytokine production, influences pain threshold and formalin-induced pain behavior… Expand
The 2014 guidelines for post-operative pain management.
- H. Misiołek, Maciej Cettler, J. Woroń, J. Wordliczek, J. Dobrogowski, E. Mayzner-Zawadzka
- Anaesthesiology intensive therapy
- 1 September 2014
1Klinika Anestezjologii i Intensywnej Terapii, Wydzial Lekarski z Oddzialem Lekarsko-Dentystycznym w Zabrzu, Śląski Uniwersytet Medyczny w Katowicach 2Oddzial Anestezjologii i Intensywnej Terapii dla… Expand
Tapentadol - A representative of a new class of MOR-NRI analgesics.
- R. Zajączkowska, B. Przewłocka, Magdalena Kocot-Kępska, J. Mika, W. Leppert, J. Wordliczek
- Pharmacological reports : PR
- 1 August 2018
Tapentadol is a centrally acting analgesic with a dual mode of action as a μ-opioid receptor (MOR) agonist and a noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor (NRI). It was initially approved by the US Food and… Expand
Mechanisms of Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy
- R. Zajączkowska, Magdalena Kocot-Kępska, W. Leppert, A. Wrzosek, J. Mika, J. Wordliczek
- International journal of molecular sciences
- 1 March 2019
Chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy (CIPN) is one of the most frequent side effects caused by antineoplastic agents, with a prevalence from 19% to over 85%. Clinically, CIPN is a mostly… Expand
[Reccomendation of Polish Respiratory Society for palliative care in chronic lung diseases].
- E. Jassem, H. Batura-Gabryel, +15 authors D. Krzyżanowski
- Pneumonologia i alergologia polska
1. Ewa Jassem, Klinika Alergologii, Gdański Uniwersytet Medyczny — przewodnicząca 2. Halina Batura-Gabryel, Katedra i Klinika Pulmonologii, Alergologii i Onkologii Pulmonologicznej, Uniwersytet… Expand
The effect of pentoxifiline on post-injury hyperalgesia in rats and postoperative pain in patients.
Recent studies demonstrate that activation of proinflammatory cytokines following injury intensifies the process of nociception. The present investigation assessed the influence of pre-injury… Expand
The influence of opioids on the humoral and cell-mediated immune responses in mice. The role of macrophages.
- Iwona Filipczak-Bryniarska, B. Nowak, +4 authors K. Bryniarski
- Pharmacological reports : PR
- 1 September 2012
BACKGROUND Our experiments were aimed to test the influence of treatment with different opioids (morphine, fentanyl, methadone) on the humoral and cell-mediated immune responses. METHODS Mice were… Expand
Diagnosis and management of neuropathic pain: review of literature and recommendations of the Polish Association for the Study of Pain and the Polish Neurological Society - Part Two.
- A. Szczudlik, J. Dobrogowski, +10 authors M. Malec-Milewska
- Neurologia i neurochirurgia polska
- 1 November 2014
Neuropathic pain may be caused by a variety of lesions or diseases of both the peripheral and central nervous system. The most common and best known syndromes of peripheral neuropathic pain are… Expand