Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
O2 transport during exercise following blood reinfusion.
- J. Thomson, J. A. Stone, A. Ginsburg, P. Hamilton
- Journal of applied physiology: respiratory…
- 1 November 1982
Reasons for an increase in maximal O2 consumption (VO2max) following blood reinfusion remain unclear; thus the present investigation was undertaken to examine the arterial and femoral venous blood… Expand
Development of physical fitness standards for Canadian Armed Forces younger personnel.
- J. Stevenson, J. Bryant, +4 authors J. Deakin
- Psychology, Medicine
- Canadian journal of sport sciences = Journal…
- 1 September 1992
The purpose of this study was to develop minimum physical fitness standards based on common task criteria for personnel younger than 35 years of age in the Canadian Armed Forces. A random sample of… Expand
Estimation of arterial PO2, PCO2, pH, and lactate from arterialized venous blood.
HbO2 dissociation in man during prolonged work in chronic hypoxia.
- J. Dempsey, J. Thomson, H. Forster, F. Cerny, L. Chosy
- Chemistry, Medicine
- Journal of applied physiology
- 1 June 1975
In healthy human sojourners to 3,100 m we studied exercise-induced shifts in HbO2 dissociation: their regulation in femoral venous blood and their net effect on estimated capillary PO2 (PC-O2) in… Expand
Development of physical fitness standards for Canadian Armed Forces older personnel.
- J. Stevenson, J. Deakin, G. Andrew, J. Bryant, J. Smith, J. Thomson
- Canadian journal of applied physiology = Revue…
- 1 March 1994
The purpose of the study was to develop a minimum physical fitness standard for Canadian Forces personnel, 35 years and older, based on common criteria for physically demanding tasks. A random sample… Expand
The effects of blood reinfusion during prolonged, heavy exercise.
Ultra-violet irradiation of fattening pigs.
1. Ninety-six Large White fattening pigs, 8-10 weeks old at the beginning of the trial were used to study the effects of ultra-violet irradiation (22½ hours daily) with and without oxytetracycline… Expand
Transsexualism: a legal perspective.
- J. Thomson
- Sociology, Medicine
- Journal of medical ethics
- 1 June 1980
This paper begins with a discussion of the current legal definition of sex laid down in Corbett v Corbett. The implications of this test for three areas of the law, marriage, birth certificates and… Expand
Prediction of anaerobic capacity: a performance test employing an optimal exercise stress.
- J. Thomson
- Canadian journal of applied sport sciences…
Highly trained sprinters, marathon runners, and untrained male subjects sprinted around a 400-metre track with their running times and speeds throughout the sprint being continuously monitored.… Expand