Prostaglandin D2 is a potent chemoattractant for human eosinophils that acts via a novel DP receptor.
- G. Monneret, S. Gravel, M. Diamond, J. Rokach, W. Powell
- Biology, MedicineBlood
- 15 September 2001
The results indicate that in addition to the classic inhibitory DP1 receptor, eosinophils possess a second, novel DP2 receptor that is associated with PGD2-induced cell activation and may play a role in eos inophil recruitment in asthma.
15-Deoxy-delta 12,14-prostaglandins D2 and J2 are potent activators of human eosinophils.
- G. Monneret, Hongping Li, J. Vasilescu, J. Rokach, W. Powell
- Biology, ChemistryJournal of Immunology
14-Deoxy-Delta(12,14)-prostaglandin D(2) (15d-PGD(2)) is also a potent activator of eosinophils, with an EC(50) about the same as that of PGD( 2), whereas Delta(12)-PGJ( 2) is slightly less potent.
Biosynthesis, biological effects, and receptors of hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acids (HETEs) and oxoeicosatetraenoic acids (oxo-ETEs) derived from arachidonic acid.
The isoprostanes: a perspective.
- J. Rokach, S. P. Khanapure, S. Hwang, M. Adiyaman, J. Lawson, G. FitzGerald
- Chemistry, BiologyProstaglandins
- 1 December 1997
15R-Methyl-Prostaglandin D2 Is a Potent and Selective CRTH2/DP2 Receptor Agonist in Human Eosinophils
- G. Monneret, Chantal Cossette, S. Gravel, J. Rokach, W. Powell
- Biology, ChemistryJournal of Pharmacology and Experimental…
- 1 January 2003
15R-methyl-PGD2 is the most potent known DP2 receptor agonist, and because of its selectivity and resistance to metabolism, should be a useful tool in probing the physiological role of this receptor in inflammatory diseases.
Novel Eicosapentaenoic Acid-derived F3-isoprostanes as Biomarkers of Lipid Peroxidation*
- Wenliang Song, G. Paschos, G. FitzGerald
- ChemistryJournal of Biological Chemistry
- 11 June 2009
Clustered analysis of F2- and F3-iPs refines assessment of the oxidant stress response to an inflammatory stimulus in vivo by integrating variability in dietary intake of ω-3/ω-6 PUFAs.
Prostaglandin F2α (PGF2α) and the Isoprostane, 8,12-iso-Isoprostane F2α-III, Induce Cardiomyocyte Hypertrophy
- P. Kunapuli, J. Lawson, J. Rokach, J. Meinkoth, G. FitzGerald
- Biology, ChemistryJournal of Biological Chemistry
- 28 August 1998
Both PGF2α and 8,12-iso-iPF2α-III induce myocyte hypertrophy via discrete signaling pathways through JNK1 and c-Jun pathways and the hypertrophic effects of these two agonists on cardiomyocytes are additive.
Urinary leukotriene E4 levels during early and late asthmatic responses.
- P. Manning, J. Rokach, P. O'Byrne
- MedicineJournal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- 1 August 1990
F2-isoprostanes as indices of lipid peroxidation in inflammatory diseases.
- D. Praticò, J. Rokach, J. Lawson, G. FitzGerald
- Biology, ChemistryChemistry and Physics of Lipids
- 1 March 2004
Biochemistry, biology and chemistry of the 5-lipoxygenase product 5-oxo-ETE.