Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
[N-methyl-Tyr1,N-methyl-Arg7-D-Leu8]-dynorphin-A-(1-8)ethylamide, a stable dynorphin analog, produces diuresis by kappa-opiate receptor activation in the rat.
- S. P. Salas, J. Roblero, L. F. López, S. Tachibana, J. Huidobro-Toro
- Chemistry, Medicine
- The Journal of pharmacology and experimental…
- 1 September 1992
The i.v. administration of E-2078 ([N-methyl-Tyr1-N-methyl-Arg7-D-Leu8]-dynorphin-A-(1-8) ethylamide) to conscious animals in doses of 15, 50 or 200 micrograms/rat caused a dose-related diuretic… Expand
Prevalence of pulmonary hypertension and its association with respiratory disturbances in obese patients living at moderately high altitude
- M. Valencia-Flores, V. Rebollar, +9 authors D. Bliwise
- International Journal of Obesity
- 1 September 2004
OBJECTIVE: To determine the point prevalence of pulmonary hypertension (PH) and its relationship with respiratory disturbances in obese patients living at moderate altitude.SUBJECTS: A total of 57… Expand
Inactivation of bradykinin in the pulmonary circulation.
Ferreira & Vane (1967) have shown that less than 30% of bradykinin infused into the right atrium emerges in the ascending aorta. In blood the biological half-life was found to be 17 sec. Considering… Expand
Inactivation of Bradykinin in Rat Lung
Ferreira and Vane1 have shown that less than 30% of brady-kinin infused into the right atrium of the cat emerges in the ascending aorta. Considering the brief circulation time from right atrium to… Expand
Kinin B2 receptors mediate blockade of atrial natriuretic peptide natriuresis induced by glucose or feeding in fasted rats.
We have shown previously that the kininogen-derived peptides bradykinin, prokinins, and PU-D1, given intravenously or into the duodenal lumen, block the atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP)-induced… Expand
Kallikreinlike activity in perfusates and urine of isolated rat kidneys.
- J. Roblero, H. Croxatto, R. Garcia, J. Corthorn, E. D. de Vito
- Chemistry, Medicine
- The American journal of physiology
- 1 November 1976
In the perfusate and the urine produced during perfusion of isolated rat kidneys a kallikreinlike enzyme similar to that found in the kidney was detectable by bioassay 15-25 min after the beginning… Expand
Kallikrein-kinin system in one- and two-kidney Goldblatt hypertensive rats.
1. Urinary kallikrein, renal tissue kininogenase activity, and plasma kininogen were measured during the development of hypertension in rats, either with left renal artery clamped and contralateral… Expand
Release of Activatable Kallikrein by Isolated Rat Kidneys
SUMMARY Rat isolated kidneys were perfused for 60 minutes with a modified Krebs-Henseleit bicarbonate solution. Perfusate and urine samples showed klnlnogenase activity (active kallikrein) which… Expand
Dexamethasone, aldosterone and kallikrein release by isolated rat kidney.
1. The effect of D-aldosterone and dexamethasone on kallikrein release was studied in the isolated rat kidney perfused with modified Krebs-Henseleit buffer. 2. Animals received D-aldosterone or… Expand
Assay of kinins by their effects on blood pressure.