Nitric oxide and cyclic GMP formation upon electrical field stimulation cause relaxation of corpus cavernosum smooth muscle.
- L. Ignarro, P. A. Bush, G. Buga, K. S. Wood, J. Fukuto, J. Rajfer
- Biology, ChemistryBiochemical and Biophysical Research…
- 31 July 1990
Nitric oxide as a mediator of relaxation of the corpus cavernosum in response to nonadrenergic, noncholinergic neurotransmission.
- J. Rajfer, W. Aronson, P. A. Bush, F. Dorey, L. Ignarro
- Biology, MedicineNew England Journal of Medicine
- 1 May 1992
The hypothesis that nitric oxide is involved in the nonadrenergic, noncholinergic neurotransmission that leads to the smooth-muscle relaxation in the corpus cavernosum that permits penile erection is supported.
Paraneoplastic syndromes in urologic malignancy: the many faces of renal cell carcinoma.
- G. Palapattu, B. Kristo, J. Rajfer
- MedicineReviews in urology
The proposed mechanisms of action of the many paraneoplastic syndromes associated with renal cell carcinoma are described as well as the clinical evaluation and treatment options currently available for these noteworthy disorders are outlined.
Dihydrotestosterone is the active androgen in the maintenance of nitric oxide-mediated penile erection in the rat.
- J. Lugg, J. Rajfer, N. Gonzalez-Cadavid
- 1 April 1995
Results show that DHT is the active androgen in the prevention of erectile failure seen in castrated rats, and suggest that this effect may be mediated, at least partially, by changes in nitric oxide synthase levels in the penis.
Quercetin in men with category III chronic prostatitis: a preliminary prospective, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.
- D. Shoskes, S. Zeitlin, A. Shahed, J. Rajfer
- 1 December 1999
L-arginine and phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitors counteract fibrosis in the Peyronie's fibrotic plaque and related fibroblast cultures.
- Eliane G A Valente, D. Vernet, M. Ferrini, A. Qian, J. Rajfer, N. Gonzalez-Cadavid
- BiologyNitric oxide
- 1 December 2003
Effect of aging on nitric oxide-mediated penile erection in rats.
- H. Garbán, D. Vernet, A. Freedman, J. Rajfer, N. Gonzalez-Cadavid
- BiologyAmerican Journal of Physiology
The results indicate that aging causes an erectile failure due to factors initially independent from an impairment of penile NO synthesis but which are compounded in the very old rats by the decrease ofPenile NOS activity.
Tadalafil dosed once a day in men with erectile dysfunction: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study in the US
- J. Rajfer, P. Aliotta, C. Steidle, W. Fitch, Y. Zhao, A. Yu
- MedicineInternational journal of impotence research
Tadalafil was well tolerated and significantly improved erectile function, and co-primary efficacy endpoints were change at 24 weeks in International Index of Erectile Function E Rectile Function (EF) Domain score and mean per-patient percentage ‘yes’ responses to Sexual Encounter Profile diary questions 2 and 3.
Sildenafil for treatment of erectile dysfunction in men with diabetes: a randomized controlled trial. Sildenafil Diabetes Study Group.
- M. Rendell, J. Rajfer, P. Wicker, M. Smith
- 3 February 1999
Oral sildenafil is an effective and well-tolerated treatment for erectile dysfunction in men with diabetes.
Quality of life, pain and return to normal activities following laparoscopic donor nephrectomy versus open mini-incision donor nephrectomy.
- K. Perry, S. Freedland, P. Schulam
- MedicineJournal of Urology
- 1 June 2003
The laparoscopy group had significantly less postoperative pain and required less time to return to normal functional activities than the mini-incision group, and the laparoscopic group showed significantly higher quality of life scores than themini- incision group in 3 domains.