Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Share This Author
Characterization of ocular and metastatic uveal melanoma in an animal model.
- P. Blanco, J. C. Marshall, +4 authors M. Burnier
- Investigative ophthalmology & visual science
- 1 December 2005
PURPOSE To characterize, in detail, tumor development, malignant cell dissemination, and metastasis in a 10-week animal model of uveal melanoma. METHODS One million 92.1 human primary uveal… Expand
Orbital Metastasis of Urinary Bladder Carcinoma: A Clinicopathologic Report and Review of the Literature
- J. P. Souza Filho, A. Odashiro, P. R. Pereira, A. Al-Buloushi, F. Codère, M. Burnier
- 1 January 2005
A 53-year-old male presented with a progressive mass of the left orbit. His medical history included an invasive carcinoma of the bladder diagnosed three weeks earlier. An orbital biopsy was… Expand
Fine needle aspiration biopsy to reestablish cell culture in an animal model of uveal melanoma.
- Z. Corrêa, J. Marshall, J. P. Souza Filho, A. Odashiro, M. Burnier
- Arquivos brasileiros de oftalmologia
- 1 July 2009
PURPOSE To access the reliability of fine-needle aspiration biopsy in harvesting a sufficient amount of viable melanoma cells to establish a cell culture and maintain a melanoma cell line from an… Expand
The expression of cyclooxygenase 2 in retinoblastoma: primary enucleated eyes and enucleation after conservative treatment.
- J. P. Souza Filho, M. Martins, +6 authors M. Burnier
- American journal of ophthalmology
- 1 October 2006
PURPOSE To provide insight into the relationship between cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) expression and histopathologic features of retinoblastoma specimens treated either by primary or secondary… Expand
Malignancy in the blind painful eye – report of two cases and literature review
- P. R. Pereira, A. Odashiro, J. P. Souza Filho, V. Saraiva, D. Camoriano, M. Burnier
- Diagnostic pathology
- 21 November 2006
BackgroundFew cases of malignant tumors arising in a blind painful eye have previously been described. We described two cases of a blind painful eye containing an unsuspected tumor, which were… Expand
Corneal endothelial deposits associated with rifabutin use.
- A. Coutinho, D. Cheema, P. R. Pereira, J. P. Souza Filho, M. Burnier
- Journal of ocular pharmacology and therapeutics…
- 21 April 2005
PURPOSE The aim of this study was to report on the possible development of corneal endothelial deposits resulting from the use of rifabutin. METHODS Case series consisting of 3 patients treated… Expand
Relationship between histopathological features of chemotherapy treated retinoblastoma and P‐glycoprotein expression
- J. P. Souza Filho, M. Martins, +4 authors M. Burnier
- Clinical & experimental ophthalmology
- 1 June 2005
Background: P‐glycoprotein (P‐gp) has been identifiedas a possible mediator of chemoresistance in retinoblastoma. Theaim of this study was to determine the expression of P‐gp in retinoblastomatreated… Expand
Bilateral Candida chorioretinitis: involvement of the second eye after 3 years.
Traumatic tear of the inferior rectus muscle treated with inferior oblique anterior transposition
- K. Godeiro, A. Pinto, J. P. Souza Filho, A. M. Petrilli, C. Nakanami
- International Ophthalmology
- 8 February 2007
PurposeTo report a case of traumatic tear of the inferior rectus muscle treated with inferior oblique anterior transposition (IOAT).MethodsCase report of a 55-year-old man who presented with vertical… Expand
[Choroidal neovascularization associated with sympathetic ophthalmia: case report].
- R. Vianna, P. Ozdal, J. P. Souza Filho, J. Deschênes
- Arquivos brasileiros de oftalmologia
- 1 May 2005
A 7-year-old boy with sympathetic ophthalmia secondary to penetrating ocular trauma developed choroidal neovascularization in the macular region of the sympathizing eye. Posterior segment… Expand