Acidosis stimulates nitric oxide production and lung damage in rats.
- A. Pedoto, J. Caruso, T. S. Hakim
- Medicine, BiologyAmerican Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care…
- 1 February 1999
In this model, moderate acidosis causes increases in NO, hypotension, and lung inflammation, which has profound implications on the role of acidosis on NO production and lung injury during sepsis.
Hyperbaric Oxygenation Therapy Alleviates Chronic Constrictive Injury–Induced Neuropathic Pain and Reduces Tumor Necrosis Factor-Alpha Production
CCI induced significant cold and mechanical allodynia as measured after CCI on days 4 and 7 and the alleviated neuropathic pain may be associated with reduced production of TNF-&agr; and/or IL-1&bgr;, which was verified by Western blot analysis.
Anorexia in space and possible etiologies: an overview.
Effects of a phorbol ester and isoquinoline sulfonamides on rabbit parietal cell function.
- J. Nandi, M. Bosche, R. Levine
- Biology, ChemistryThe Journal of pharmacology and experimental…
- 1 October 1996
The results indicate that TPA-induced inhibition of secretagogue-stimulated AP uptake in PC is presumably mediated by activation of PKC.
Diagnostic Accuracy of Serum Hyaluronic Acid, FIBROSpect II, and YKL-40 for Discriminating Fibrosis Stages in Chronic Hepatitis C
- P. Mehta, R. Ploutz-Snyder, J. Nandi, Sekou R. Rawlins, S. Sanderson, R. Levine
- MedicineAmerican Journal of Gastroenterology
- 1 April 2008
HA can be utilized as a reliable surrogate marker in distinguishing three clinically relevant stages of fibrosis: absent/minimal, intermediate, and advanced/cirrhosis.
Beneficial effect of hyperbaric oxygen pretreatment on lipopolysaccharide‐induced shock in rats
1. We investigated the effect of hyperbaric oxygenation (HBO2) pretreatment on the production of exhaled nitric oxide (ENO) and the expression of lung inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) by…
Central mechanisms involved with catabolism
- J. Nandi, M. Meguid, Chung Chen
- Biology, MedicineCurrent opinion in clinical nutrition and…
- 1 July 2002
The net effect is anorexia, with the inhibition of food intake, body weight loss, delayed gastric emptying and functions, the stimulation of gluconeogenesis, glycogenolysis and ketogenesis as sources of metabolic fuel, which if unabated leads ultimately to cachexia.
Hyperbaric Oxygenation Ameliorates Indomethacin-Induced Enteropathy in Rats by Modulating TNF-α and IL-1β Production
The data suggest that HBO2 treatment has a beneficial effect on indomethacin-induced enteropathy and this effect is possibly mediated by decreased production of TNF-α and IL-1β.
TNF-α modulates iNOS expression in an experimental rat model of indomethacin-induced jejunoileitis
- J. Nandi, B. Saud, J. M. Zinkievich, Zhong-jin Yang, R. Levine
- Biology, MedicineMolecular and Cellular Biochemistry
- 1 March 2010
TNF-α plays an early pro-inflammatory role in indomethacin-induced jejunoileitis and down-regulation of NOx by PDE inhibitors, TNF-Ab, or HBO2 suggests that T NF-α modulates iNOS expression.
Aspirin potentiates prestimulated acid secretion and mobilizes intracellular calcium in rabbit parietal cells.
Results indicate that aspirin acts at a site beyond the adenylate cyclase/cAMP system and before the proton pump, presumably by releasing Ca2+ from an IP3-independent intracellular storage pool and by inhibiting PGE2 generation.