Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Selective CCR2‐targeted macrophage depletion ameliorates experimental mesangioproliferative glomerulonephritis
- L. McIntosh, J. L. Barnes, V. L. Barnes, J. Mcdonald
- Medicine, Biology
- Clinical and experimental immunology
- 1 February 2009
The CCL2/CCR2 chemokine/receptor axis directs the chemotaxis of infiltrating monocytes/macrophages and T cells and plays a pivotal role in tissue damage and fibrosis in kidney diseases. The… Expand
Does it matter that male beaugregory damselfish have a mate preference?
- M. Itzkowitz, M. Draud, J. L. Barnes, M. Haley
- Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology
- 23 March 1998
Abstract Male beaugregory damselfish (Stegastes leucostictus) spent more time courting larger females in both two-choice and single presentations. Female size was significantly correlated with gonad… Expand
Vitamin D from skin: contribution to vitamin D status compared with oral vitamin D in normal and anticonvulsant-treated subjects.
- M. Davie, D. Lawson, C. Emberson, J. L. Barnes, G. E. Roberts, N. Barnes
- Chemistry, Medicine
- Clinical science
- 1 November 1982
1. The plasma 25-hydroxycholecalciferol [25-(OH)D3] response to measured u.v. irradiation applied thrice weekly for 10 weeks was investigated in normal and in anticonvulsant-treated subjects. 2.… Expand
Low plasma 25-hydroxyvitamin D and serum calcium levels in institutionalized epileptic subjects: associated risk factors, consequences and response to treatment with vitamin D.
- M. Davie, C. Emberson, +4 authors A. Heeley
- The Quarterly journal of medicine
- 21 December 1983
In a survey of 108 subjects with a history of epilepsy in a hospital for the mentally handicapped, administration of both phenobarbitone and phenytoin was associated with low serum calcium and plasma… Expand
Age Associated Alterations in Costimulatory and Adhesion Molecule Expression in Lupus-Prone Mice Are Attenuated by Food Restriction with n-6 and n-3 Fatty Acids
- A. Muthukumar, D. Sun, K. Zaman, J. L. Barnes, D. Haile, G. Fernandes
- Biology, Medicine
- Journal of Clinical Immunology
- 1 September 2004
Costimulatory and adhesion molecules are known to play a major role in the pathogenesis of systemic lupus erythematosus. Since fish oil and calorie restriction have been reported to attenuate the… Expand
Psychosocial characteristics of women with alcoholic fathers.
Glomerular localization of platelet secretory proteins in mesangial proliferative lesions induced by habu snake venom.
- J. L. Barnes
- Biology, Medicine
- The journal of histochemistry and cytochemistry…
- 1 July 1989
Platelets have been implicated in mesangial cell proliferation in experimental and clinical glomerular disease. In this study, the temporal relationship between release of platelet secretory cationic… Expand
LOVAZA(R) extends median and maximal lifespan than regular fish oil of autoimmune lupus-prone mice
MELATONIN IN SERUM AND CEREBROSPINAL FLUID
The effect of neuroleptic drugs on serum and cerebrospinal fluid melatonin concentrations in psychiatric subjects
between materials. The values however, will not be universally applicable for all experimental conditions for the reasons discussed above. Nevertheless a generalized qualitative classification… Expand