Structural basis for bile acid binding and activation of the nuclear receptor FXR.
- L. Mi, S. Devarakonda, F. Rastinejad
- Chemistry, BiologyMolecules and Cells
- 1 April 2003
Methylation of histone H3 by coactivator-associated arginine methyltransferase 1.
- B. T. Schurter, S. S. Koh, D. Aswad
- Biology, ChemistryBiochemistry
- 15 May 2001
The hypothesis that methylation of H3 may be involved in the mechanism of transcriptional coactivation by CARM1 of genes whose expression is under the control of nuclear receptors is supported.
Molecular Basis for Cyclooxygenase Inhibition by the Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drug Naproxen*
- Kelsey C. Duggan, M. Walters, L. Marnett
- ChemistryJournal of Biological Chemistry
- 1 September 2010
The results indicate that each of the pendant groups of the naphthyl scaffold are essential for COX inhibition, and only minimal substitutions are tolerated.
Asymmetries in the nucleosome core particle at 2.5 A resolution.
- J. Harp, B. Hanson, D. Timm, G. Bunick
- ChemistryActa Crystallographica Section D: Biological…
- 1 December 2000
The 2.5 A X-ray crystal structure of the nucleosome core particle presented here provides significant additions to the understanding of the nucleosome, the fundamental unit of chromatin structure.…
The active site of the SET domain is constructed on a knot
- S. Jacobs, J. Harp, S. Devarakonda, Youngchang Kim, F. Rastinejad, S. Khorasanizadeh
- Chemistry, BiologyNature Structural Biology
- 21 October 2002
A structure-guided comparison of sequences within the SET protein family suggests that the knot substructure and active site environment are conserved features of the SET domain.
Crystal structure and mechanism of a carbon-carbon bond hydrolase.
- D. Timm, H. Mueller, P. Bhanumoorthy, J. Harp, G. Bunick
- 15 September 1999
Macromolecular crystal annealing: overcoming increased mosaicity associated with cryocrystallography.
- J. Harp, D. Timm, G. Bunick
- Chemistry, Materials ScienceActa Crystallographica Section D: Biological…
- 1 July 1998
Macromolecular crystal annealing significantly reduces the mosaicity of flash-cooled crystals without affecting molecular structure and is applied to crystals of several different macromolecules grown from different precipitants and using a variety of cryoprotectants.
Structure of the heterodimeric ecdysone receptor DNA‐binding complex
- S. Devarakonda, J. Harp, Youngchang Kim, A. Ożyhar, F. Rastinejad
- Biology, ChemistryEMBO Journal
- 3 November 2003
Sequence alignments indicate that the EcR–RXR heterodimer is an important model for understanding how the FXR– RXRheterodimer binds to IR‐1 sites.
Crystal structure of a luteoviral RNA pseudoknot and model for a minimal ribosomal frameshifting motif.
- P. Pallan, W. Marshall, M. Egli
- 30 August 2005
The crystal structure of a high-efficiency frameshifting mutant of the pseudoknot from potato leaf roll virus (PLRV) is determined and a minimal RNA pseudok not motif composed of 22 nucleotides capable of stimulating -1-type ribosomal frameshifts is defined.
Structure and function of YghU, a nu-class glutathione transferase related to YfcG from Escherichia coli.
- N. Stourman, Megan C. Branch, Matthew R. Schaab, J. Harp, J. Ladner, R. Armstrong
- Chemistry, BiologyBiochemistry
- 24 January 2011
The structures and properties of YghU and YfcG indicate that they are members of the same, but previously unidentified, subfamily of GSH transferase homologues, which are suggested to be called the nu-class GSHtransferases.