Toxoplasma gondii, Neospora caninum, Sarcocystis neurona, and Sarcocystis canis-like infections in marine mammals.
- J. Dubey, R. Zarnke, P. Thulliez
- BiologyVeterinary parasitology
- 30 October 2003
Renal excretion of perfluorooctanoic acid in male rats: inhibitory effect of testosterone.
- J. V. Vanden Heuvel, J. Davis, R. Sommers, R. Peterson
- Biology, MedicineJournal of Biochemical Toxicology
- 1 March 1992
It is concluded that testosterone is a key determinant of the sex difference in PFOA elimination in rats, and the inhibitory effect of testosterone on P FOA renal excretion is a male-specific response.
Incidence of Vibrio species associated with blue crabs (Callinectes sapidus) collected from Galveston Bay, Texas
- J. Davis, R. K. Sizemore
- Biology, Environmental ScienceApplied and Environmental Microbiology
- 1 May 1982
Bacteria were readily isolated from the hemolymph of a majority (88%) of the blue crabs collected from Galveston Bay, Texas. The hemolymph of most crabs contained moderate (greater than 10(3)…
A new enzymatic assay for guanosine 3':5'-cyclic monophosphate and its application to the ductus deferens of the rat.
- G. Schultz, J. Hardman, K. Schultz, J. Davis, E. Sutherland
- Biology, ChemistryProceedings of the National Academy of Sciences…
- 1 June 1973
A sensitive enzymatic procedure has been developed for the determination of guanosine 3':5'-cyclic monophosphate (cyclic GMP), which has advantages in speed and/or accuracy over other methods in current use.
An abundantly expressed hemolymph glycoprotein isolated from newly parasitized Manduca sexta larvae is a polydnavirus gene product.
- S. H. Harwood, A. Grosovsky, E. Cowles, J. Davis, N. Beckage
- 1 December 1994
This report constitutes the first evidence that a specific protein isolated from a parasitized host insect is a wasp polydnavirus gene product.
Prevention of apoptosis by 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) in the MCF-10A cell line: correlation with increased transforming growth factor alpha production.
- J. Davis, F. Lauer, A. Burdick, L. Hudson, S. Burchiel
- BiologyCancer Research
- 15 April 2001
A mechanism whereby TCDD is able to inhibit apoptosis in human mammary epithelial cells by stimulating TGF-alpha production, resulting in an autocrine effect is suggested.
INTRASPECIFIC PREDATION AND COLONIAL BREEDING IN LESSER BLACK‐BACKED GULLS LARUS FUSCUS
The increasing nest densities in this colony caused by the growth of the gull population are thought to be responsible for the widespread intraspecific predation, the intensity of which is probably a new feature of the gliding gulls' breeding behaviour.
Populations of Arthropod Predators and Heliothis Spp. After Applications of Aldicarb and Monocrotophos to Cotton
- R. E. Kinzer, C. Cowan, R. Ridgway, J. Davis, J. R. Coppedge, S. L. Jones
- 1 February 1977
The reduction in predator populations apparently was not great enough to cause all of the increases in Heliothis spp.
Studies on the Ability of Overwintered Boll Weevils to Find Fruiting Cotton Plants
- C. R. Parencia, J. Davis, C. Cowan
- 1 February 1964
Determination of guanosine 3',5'-monophosphate in tissues and of guanyl cyclase in rat intestine.
- E. Ishikawa, S. Ishikawa, J. Davis, E. Sutherland
- Biology, ChemistryJournal of Biological Chemistry
- 10 December 1969