Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
The book of GENESIS - exploring realistic neural models with the GEneral NEural SImulation System (2. ed.)
This publication explains how to use the GENESIS simulation/modeling software system available through the Internet file-server at the California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California, USA. Expand
The Book of GENESIS
The interpretation of the creation of the earth has been a theological debate for thousands of years by almost as many notable biblical scholars. “Old Earth” and “Young Earth” theorists alike, each… Expand
Simulation of networks of spiking neurons: A review of tools and strategies
- R. Brette, M. Rudolph-Lilith, +19 authors A. Destexhe
- Computer Science, Medicine
- Journal of Computational Neuroscience
- 28 November 2006
We review different aspects of the simulation of spiking neural networks. Expand
Cerebellum Implicated in Sensory Acquisition and Discrimination Rather Than Motor Control
Recent evidence that the cerebellum is involved in perception and cognition challenges the prevailing view that its primary function is fine motor control. A new alternative hypothesis is that the… Expand
An active membrane model of the cerebellar Purkinje cell II. Simulation of synaptic responses.
1. Both excitatory and inhibitory postsynaptic channels were added to a previously described complex compartmental model of a cerebellar Purkinje cell to examine model responses to synaptic inputs.… Expand
Congruence of spatial organization of tactile projections to granule cell and Purkinje cell layers of cerebellar hemispheres of the albino rat: vertical organization of cerebellar cortex.
1. We compared the spatial pattern of shortest latency somatosensory (tactile) projections to the Purkinje cell (PC) layer and to the underlying granule cell (GC) layer in tactile areas of rat… Expand
Cholinergic suppression specific to intrinsic not afferent fiber synapses in rat piriform (olfactory) cortex.
1. Differences in the cholinergic suppression of afferent and intrinsic fiber synaptic transmission were studied in the rat piriform cortex. Extracellular and intracellular recording techniques were… Expand
Exploring parameter space in detailed single neuron models: simulations of the mitral and granule cells of the olfactory bulb.
1. Detailed compartmental computer simulations of single mitral and granule cells of the vertebrate olfactory bulb were constructed using previously published geometric data. Electrophysiological… Expand
Oscillatory activity in the cerebellar hemispheres of unrestrained rats.
We recorded multiunit neural activity in the granule cell layer of cerebellar folium Crus IIa in unrestrained rats. Seven- to 8-Hz oscillatory activity was seen during behavioral states in which the… Expand
An active membrane model of the cerebellar Purkinje cell. I. Simulation of current clamps in slice.
1. A detailed compartmental model of a cerebellar Purkinje cell with active dendritic membrane was constructed. The model was based on anatomic reconstructions of single Purkinje cells and included… Expand