Data Availability and Function Extrapolation
- Pablo León Villagrá, Irina Preda, Christopher G. Lucas
- PsychologyAnnual Meeting of the Cognitive Science Society
It is shown that a simple memory-limited Bayesian model is consistent with human extrapolations for linear data for both high and low data availability, however, the model underestimates the participants’ ability to infer non-monotonic functions, especially when data is sparse.
The Importance of Applying Computational Creativity to Scientific and Mathematical Domains
- A. Pease, S. Colton, Michael Cook
- Computer ScienceInternational Conference on Innovative Computing…
It is recommended that CC researchers help to address two challenges in Automated Reasoning – that it has not achieved widespread adoption by mathematicians and the need for communicability of automatically generated scientific knowledge.
Experimental Methods in the Humanities at Glasgow: Effective Interdisciplinary Collaboration
- Stuart Purcell, Elina Koristashevskaya, Irina Preda
- 12 September 2016
This paper traces the brief but already accomplished history of Experimental Methods in the Humanities at Glasgow (XPMGla), a postgraduate, interdisciplinary research group. It outlines our rationale…