Learn More
Elbow dislocations are relatively uncommon in children. Rupture of the brachial artery associated with closed elbow dislocations in children is rare. This is a report of an 8-year-old boy, the youngest patient ever to be reported to have a closed posterior dislocation of the elbow associated with a brachial artery laceration. The boy incurred a closed elbow(More)
Gastroschisis is a common congenital abdominal wall defect requiring surgical correction in early neonatal life. The time to full enteral feeds among infants with gastroschisis is variable. Gastroschisis remains a common surgical cause of intestinal failure in neonates. Peripherally inserted central catheters (PICC) are commonly used to provide long-term(More)
BACKGROUND Chronic or recurrent leg ulceration occurs in 25% of sickle cell anemia patients, but not in the remaining 75%. Doppler studies of venous function were normal in 16 sickle cell anemia patients with leg ulcers. PATIENTS AND METHODS Venous Duplex Ultrasound was used to study 33 sickle cell anemia patients with chronic leg ulcers. RESULTS Six of(More)
INTRODUCTION The most frequent complications of AF ablation (AFA) are related to vascular access, but there is little evidence as to how these can be minimized. METHODS Consecutive patients undergoing AFA at a high-volume center received either standard care (Group S) or routine ultrasound-guided vascular access (Group U). Vascular complications were(More)
OBJECTIVES To address the limited long-term outcome data for catheter ablation (CA) of persistent atrial fibrillation (PeAF), we analysed consecutive ablations performed at our centre from 1 January 2008 to 31 December 2010 and followed patients prospectively until January 2014. METHODS Both arrhythmia recurrence and symptom relief were assessed.(More)
  • 1