Tsetse population dynamics.
- J. Hargrove, I. Maudlin, P. Holmes, M. Miles
Identification of human-infective trypanosomes in animal reservoir of sleeping sickness in Uganda by means of serum-resistance-associated (SRA) gene
- S. Welburn, K. Picozzi, I. Maudlin
- BiologyThe Lancet
- 15 December 2001
Less is more: restricted application of insecticide to cattle to improve the cost and efficacy of tsetse control
- S. Torr, I. Maudlin, G. Vale
- Biology, MedicineMedical and Veterinary Entomology
- 1 March 2007
The results suggest that more cost‐effective control of tsetse could be achieved by applying insecticide to the belly and legs of cattle at 2‐week intervals, rather than using the current practice of treating the whole body of each animal at monthly intervals.
Sleeping sickness in Uganda: a thin line between two fatal diseases
- K. Picozzi, E. Fèvre, S. Welburn
- MedicineBMJ : British Medical Journal
- 24 November 2005
The two focuses of human African trypanosomiasis remain discrete, but the area of Uganda affected by the acute form of human sleeping sickness has increased 2.5-fold since 1985, spreading to three new districts within the past five years through movement of infected livestock.
Sodalis gen. nov. and Sodalis glossinidius sp. nov., a microaerophilic secondary endosymbiont of the tsetse fly Glossina morsitans morsitans.
- C. Dale, I. Maudlin
- BiologyInternational Journal of Systematic Bacteriology
It is proposed that this intracellular symbiont from G. m.
Pathogenesis of animal trypanosomiasis.
- K. Taylor, E. Authié, I. Maudlin, P. Holmes, M. Miles
Systematics of trypanosomes of medical and veterinary importance.
- J. Stevens, S. Brisse, I. Maudlin, P. Holmes, M. Miles
Sleeping sickness: a tale of two diseases.
- S. Welburn, E. Fèvre, P. Coleman, M. Odiit, I. Maudlin
- BiologyTrends in Parasitology
Cattle owners' perceptions of African bovine trypanosomiasis and its control in Busia and Kwale Districts of Kenya.
- N. Machila, S. Wanyangu, J. McDermott, S. Welburn, I. Maudlin, M. Eisler
- MedicineActa Tropica
- 1 April 2003
Tsetse-trypanosome interactions: rites of passage.
- S. Welburn, I. Maudlin
- Biology, MedicineParasitology Today
- 1 October 1999