Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Share This Author
Rapid and high resolution genotyping of all Escherichia coli serotypes using 10 genomic repeat-containing loci.
The GECM7 method was improved by adding three new repeat-loci to a total of ten (GECM10), and a considerable increase in resolution was observed (from 296 to 507 genotypes on the same set of strains), which was wanted to increase the resolution for this method based in part of comparison with PFGE typing of E. coli O26:H11.
Norwegian Sheep Are an Important Reservoir for Human-Pathogenic Escherichia coli O26:H11
- L. Brandal, C. Sekse, +4 authors G. Kapperud
- Biology, MedicineApplied and Environmental Microbiology
- 6 April 2012
ABSTRACT A previous national survey of Escherichia coli in Norwegian sheep detected eae-positive (eae +) E. coli O26:H11 isolates in 16.3% (80/491) of the flocks. The purpose of the present study was…
Construction, evaluation and refinement of a large human antibody phage library based on the IgD and IgM variable gene repertoire.
- G. Løset, I. Løbersli, +7 authors O. Brekke
- Biology, MedicineJournal of immunological methods
- 1 April 2005
A large antibody phage library in the single chain Fv (scFv) phagemid format based on the naive human variable (V) gene repertoire dictated by IgD and IgM is constructed, which exhibits one of the highest prokaryotic expression levels reported to date for a naive repertoire.
Evaluation of multiple-locus variable number of tandem-repeats analysis (MLVA) as a method for identification of clonal groups among enteropathogenic, enterohaemorrhagic and avirulent Escherichia…
- A. Miko, B. Lindstedt, L. Brandal, I. Løbersli, L. Beutin
- Medicine, BiologyFEMS microbiology letters
- 1 February 2010
Multiple-locus variable number of tandem-repeats analysis (MLVA) scheme was found as suitable, but more rapid and easier to standardize than PFGE for identifying genetically related E. coli O26 strains.
Selection and characterisation of recombinant single-chain antibodies to the hapten Aflatoxin-B1 from naive recombinant antibody libraries.
- A. Moghaddam, I. Løbersli, K. Gebhardt, M. Braunagel, O. J. Marvik
- Chemistry, MedicineJournal of immunological methods
- 1 August 2001
Modification of the protocol led to isolation of single-chain fragment variable antibody domain (scFv) antibodies that specifically bound soluble Aflatoxin-B1 with an affinity of 6x10(-9) M.
Shiga Toxin 2a in Escherichia albertii
- L. Brandal, H. Tunsjø, T. Ranheim, I. Løbersli, H. Lange, A. Wester
- Biology, MedicineJournal of Clinical Microbiology
- 4 February 2015
E scherichia albertii is an emerging human enteric pathogen (). It belongs to the attaching and effacing group of bacteria, which also includes enteropathogenic and Shiga toxin-producing…
Covalent antibody display—an in vitro antibody-DNA library selection system
- H. Reiersen, I. Løbersli, +8 authors O. J. Marvik
- Biology, MedicineNucleic acids research
- 14 January 2005
The endonuclease P2A, which initiates the DNA replication of the bacteriophage P2 by making a covalent bond with its own phosphate backbone, has been exploited as a new in vitro display tool for antibody fragments and offers a complete in vitro selection system based exclusively on DNA–protein complexes.
Shiga toxin-producing escherichia coli infections in Norway, 1992–2012: characterization of isolates and identification of risk factors for haemolytic uremic syndrome
- L. Brandal, A. Wester, +4 authors G. Kapperud
- Biology, MedicineBMC Infectious Diseases
- 11 August 2015
The results indicate that virulence gene profile and patients’ age are the major determinants of HUS development.
Identification of the anti-terminator qO111:H)- gene in Norwegian sorbitol-fermenting Escherichia coli O157:NM.
- K. Haugum, B. Lindstedt, I. Løbersli, G. Kapperud, L. Brandal
- Biology, MedicineFEMS microbiology letters
- 1 April 2012
Sequencing of three selected SF O157 strains revealed that the anti-terminator q gene and genes upstream of stx2(EDL933) were identical or similar to the ones observed in the E. coli O111:H- strain AP010960, but different from the ones seen in the NSF O157 strain EDL 933.
Detection of virulent Escherichia coli O157 strains using multiplex PCR and single base sequencing for SNP characterization
- K. Haugum, L. Brandal, I. Løbersli, G. Kapperud, B. Lindstedt
- Biology, MedicineJournal of applied microbiology
- 1 June 2011
Aims: To compare 167 Norwegian human and nonhuman Escherichia coli O157:H7/NM (nonmotile) isolates with respect to an A/T single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in the tir gene and to detect specific…