A dominant-negative form of p63 is required for epidermal proliferation in zebrafish.
- Hyunsook Lee, D. Kimelman
- BiologyDevelopmental Cell
- 1 May 2002
BubR1 acetylation at prometaphase is required for modulating APC/C activity and timing of mitosis
- Eunhee Choi, Hyerim Choe, Jaewon Min, J. Choi, Jimi Kim, Hyunsook Lee
- BiologyEMBO Journal
- 30 April 2009
It is proposed that the acetylation status of BubR1 is a molecular switch that converts BubR 1 from an inhibitor to a substrate of the APC/C complex, thus providing an efficient way to modulate APC /C activity and mitotic timing.
LIME, a Novel Transmembrane Adaptor Protein, Associates with p56lck and Mediates T Cell Activation
- E. Hur, Myoungsun Son, Y. Yun
- BiologyJournal of Experimental Medicine
- 17 November 2003
The data collectively show that LIME is a raft-associated transmembrane adaptor protein linking TCR stimuli to downstream signaling pathways via associations with Lck, and that it acts throughout the early to late stages of T cell activation.
X-gene Product of Hepatitis B Virus Induces Apoptosis in Liver Cells*
- Hongtae Kim, Hyunsook Lee, Y. Yun
- Biology, ChemistryJournal of Biological Chemistry
- 2 January 1998
It is proposed that HBx sensitizes liver cells to apoptosis upon hepatitis B virus infection, contributing to the development of hepatitis and the subsequent generation of hepatocellular carcinoma.
Characterization of Langerin-expressing dendritic cell subsets in the normal cornea.
- T. Hattori, S. Chauhan, D. Saban
- Medicine, BiologyInvestigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science
- 1 June 2011
These findings should henceforth facilitate the examination of Langerin-expressing DC subsets in the immunopathogeneses of conditions such as keratoconjunctivitis sicca, allergic keratocompletivitis, and corneal allograft rejection.
Loss of BubR1 acetylation causes defects in spindle assembly checkpoint signaling and promotes tumor formation
- I. Park, Hae-Ock Lee, Hyunsook Lee
- Materials Science, BiologyJournal of Cell Biology
- 22 July 2013
Failure of chromosome–spindle attachment and a weakened spindle assembly checkpoint lead to genetic instability and cancer in mice expressing acetylation-deficient BubR1.
Terminal Uridylyltransferases Execute Programmed Clearance of Maternal Transcriptome in Vertebrate Embryos.
- Hyeshik Chang, Jinah Yeo, V. Kim
- BiologyMolecules and Cells
- 5 April 2018
Brca2 abrogation engages with the alternative lengthening of telomeres via break‐induced replication
- M. Kwon, J. J. Lee, Hyunsook Lee
- BiologyThe FEBS Journal
- 1 May 2019
It is shown that abrogation of Brca2 reinforces break‐induced replication (BIR) and engages with ALT pathway, and implies that inhibitors of BIR may be useful for BRCA2‐associated ALT‐type cancers.
Barley β-Glucan Lowers Serum Cholesterol Based on the Up-Regulation of Cholesterol 7α-Hydroxylase Activity and mRNA Abundance in Cholesterol-Fed Rats
- Jeong-Lye Yang, Young-Hwa Kim, Hyunsook Lee, Mak-Soon Lee, Y. Moon
- 1 December 2003
The results of this study suggest that the hypocholesterolemic effects of both β-glucan and a waxy barley diet may be due to the enhancement of CYP7A1 expression resulting from increased fecal excretion of bile acids.
BRCA2 fine-tunes the spindle assembly checkpoint through reinforcement of BubR1 acetylation.
- Eunhee Choi, Pil-gu Park, Hyunsook Lee
- BiologyDevelopmental Cell
- 14 February 2012