Downregulation of PHGDH expression and hepatic serine level contribute to the development of fatty liver disease.
- Woo-Cheol Sim, Wonseok Lee, Byung-Hoon Lee
- Biology, MedicineMetabolism: Clinical and Experimental
Involvement of G-Protein-Coupled Receptor 40 in the Inhibitory Effects of Docosahexaenoic Acid on SREBP1-Mediated Lipogenic Enzyme Expression in Primary Hepatocytes
- Seungtae On, Hyun Young Kim, Hyo Seon Kim, J. Park, K. Kang
- Biology, MedicineInternational Journal of Molecular Sciences
- 28 May 2019
DHA downregulates the expression SREBP-1-mediated lipogenic enzymes via GPR40 in primary hepatocytes, and downregulated lipogenesis enzyme expression in GPR120-null hepatocytes.
Auranofin Inhibits RANKL-Induced Osteoclastogenesis by Suppressing Inhibitors of κB Kinase and Inflammasome-Mediated Interleukin-1β Secretion
- Hyun Young Kim, K. Kim, Myungyeon Kim, H. Kim, Kwang Youl Lee, K. Kang
- Biology, MedicineOxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity
- 22 April 2019
Data strongly support the use of auranofin for the prevention of osteoclast-related osteoporosis.
CD44 is involved in liver regeneration through enhanced uptake of extracellular cystine
- Hyun Young Kim, Gayeon Baek, K. Kang
- Biology, MedicineClinical and Translational Medicine
- 1 May 2022
The mechanistic roles of CD44, a cell surface marker for hepatic regeneration,1 in HPC proliferation and redox homeostasis are identified and verified.
Auranofin prevents liver fibrosis by system Xc-mediated inhibition of NLRP3 inflammasome
- Hyun Young Kim, Young Jae Choi, K. Kang
- Biology, MedicineCommunications Biology
- 30 June 2021
It is demonstrated that auranofin-induced inhibition of the NLRP3 inflammasome in bone marrow-derived macrophages and kupffer cells was mediated via inhibition ofThe cystine-glutamate antiporter, system Xc, which advances the understanding of the mechanism by which auran ofin exerts its therapeutic effects.
Discovery and Structure-Activity Relationships of Novel Template, Truncated 1'-Homologated Adenosine Derivatives as Pure Dual PPARγ/δ Modulators.
- Seungchan An, Gyudong Kim, L. Jeong
- Biology, ChemistryJournal of Medicinal Chemistry
- 16 December 2020
PPARγ/δ dual modulators functioning as both PPARγ partial agonists and PPARδ antagonists promoted adiponectin production, suggesting their therapeutic potential against hypoadiponectinemia-associated cancer and metabolic diseases.
SNX10-mediated degradation of LAMP2A by NSAIDs inhibits chaperone-mediated autophagy and induces hepatic lipid accumulation
- Wonseok Lee, Hyun Young Kim, Byung-Hoon Lee
- Biology, MedicineTheranostics
- 21 February 2022
It is demonstrated that NSAIDs induced SNX10- and CTSA-dependent degradation of LAMP2A, thereby leading to the suppression of CMA, thus leading to NSAID-induced steatosis and hepatotoxicity.
Disease-specific eQTL screening reveals an anti-fibrotic effect of AGXT2 in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Taekyeong Yoo, S. Joo, Murim Choi
- BiologyJournal of Hepatology
- 20 April 2021
Disease-specific eQTL screening reveals an anti-fibrotic effect of AGXT2 in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease
- Taekyeong Yoo, S. Joo, Murim Choi
- 22 March 2021
A disease-specific expression quantitative trait loci (eQTL) screen to identify novel genetic factors that specifically act on NAFLD progression on the basis of genotype found that AGXT2-rs2291702 protects against liver fibrosis in a genotype-dependent manner with the potential for therapeutic interventions.
Circulating small extracellular vesicles promote proliferation and migration of vascular smooth muscle cells via AXL and MerTK activation
- Young Joo Lee, Miso Park, K. Kang
- BiologyActa Pharmacologica Sinica
- 30 November 2022
An essential role is proposed for csEVs in proliferation and migration of VSMCs and the feasibility of dual AXL/MerTK inhibitors in the treatment of vascular diseases is highlighted.