-Gingerol, a pungent ingredient of ginger, inhibits angiogenesis in vitro and in vivo.
IMMUNOSTIMULATING EFFECTS OF ACIDIC POLYSACCHARIDES EXTRACT OF PANAX GINSENG ON MACROPHAGE FUNCTION
- Jae-Yong Shin, Ji-Young Song, Y. Yun, Hyun-Ok Yang, D. Rhee, S. Pyo
- Biology, MedicineImmunopharmacology and immunotoxicology
- 1 January 2002
Results suggest that ginsan has an immunopotentiating effects on macrophages and these abilities could be used clinically for the treatment of diseases such as cancer.
Anti-Neuroinflammatory Effects of Fucoxanthin via Inhibition of Akt/NF-κB and MAPKs/AP-1 Pathways and Activation of PKA/CREB Pathway in Lipopolysaccharide-Activated BV-2 Microglial Cells
- Dong Zhao, Seung-Hwan Kwon, Y. Chun, Ming-Yao Gu, Hyun-Ok Yang
- BiologyNeurochemical Research
- 1 February 2017
Results indicate that Fx may be more effective and potential than other candidates via either decreasing the pro-inflammatory factors production or increasing the neuroprotective molecules expression for therapy of neurodegenerative diseases.
Icariin attenuates β-amyloid-induced neurotoxicity by inhibition of tau protein hyperphosphorylation in PC12 cells
Mechanism of taxol‐induced apoptosis in human SKOV3 ovarian carcinoma cells
- H. Ahn, Yeong Shik Kim, Joung-Uk Kim, S. Han, J. Shin, Hyun-Ok Yang
- BiologyJournal of Cellular Biochemistry
- 1 April 2004
Findings suggest that in SKOV3 cells, taxol induces caspase‐independent AIF‐dependent apoptosis, which is similar to programmed death in ovarian cancer patients.
Hyperoside protects primary rat cortical neurons from neurotoxicity induced by amyloid β-protein via the PI3K/Akt/Bad/Bcl(XL)-regulated mitochondrial apoptotic pathway.
Glionitrin A, an antibiotic-antitumor metabolite derived from competitive interaction between abandoned mine microbes.
- Hyun Bong Park, H. Kwon, Chang-Ho Lee, Hyun-Ok Yang
- BiologyJournal of Natural Products
- 21 January 2009
The nutrient conditions present in abandoned coal mine drainages create an extreme environment where defensive and offensive microbial interactions could be critical for survival and fitness.…
1,25-Dyhydroxyvitamin D₃ attenuates rotenone-induced neurotoxicity in SH-SY5Y cells through induction of autophagy.
Glionitrin B, a cancer invasion inhibitory diketopiperazine produced by microbial coculture.
- Hyun Bong Park, Young-Joo Kim, Jin-Soo Park, Hyun-Ok Yang, K. Lee, H. Kwon
- Chemistry, BiologyJournal of Natural Products
- 28 September 2011
A new diketopiperazine, glionitrin B (1), was produced using a microbial coculture of the fungus Aspergillus fumigatus KMC-901 and the bacterium Sphingomonas sp. KMK-001 that were isolated from…