Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Share This Author
Characterization of plaque components with intravascular ultrasound elastography in human femoral and coronary arteries in vitro.
- C. D. de Korte, G. Pasterkamp, A. V. D. van der Steen, H. Woutman, N. Bom
- 8 August 2000
BACKGROUND The composition of plaque is a major determinant of coronary-related clinical syndromes. Intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) elastography has proven to be a technique capable of reflecting the… Expand
Techniques characterizing the coronary atherosclerotic plaque: influence on clinical decision making?
- G. Pasterkamp, E. Falk, H. Woutman, C. Borst
- Journal of the American College of Cardiology
- 1 July 2000
The composition of the atherosclerotic lesion rather than the degree of stenosis is currently considered to be the most important determinant for acute clinical events. Modalities capable of… Expand
Vascular tissue characterisation with IVUS elastography.
- C. D. de Korte, H. Woutman, A. V. D. van der Steen, G. Pasterkamp, E. Cespedes
- 1 March 2000
Knowledge about the mechanical properties of the vessel wall and plaque is important for guiding intravascular interventional procedures and detection of plaque vulnerability. Rupture of… Expand
IVUS elastography: a potential identifier of vulnerable atherosclerotic plaque
- C. D. de Korte, H. Woutman, A. V. D. van der Steen, E. Cespedes, G. Pasterkamp
- IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium. Proceedings (Cat. No…
- 5 October 1998
Rupture of atherosclerotic plaques is associated with acute myocardial infarction and unstable angina pectoris. Previously, plaque rupture has been associated with morphological features. In this… Expand
Characterisation of plaque components with IVUS elastography
- C. D. de Korte, G. Pasterkamp, A. V. D. van der Steen, H. Woutman
- IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium. Proceedings…
- 17 October 1999
The availability to characterise different plaque components could be used to guide intravascular interventional procedures. Additionally, the vulnerability of a plaque to rupture is related to the… Expand