Quantitative Regional Determination of Morphometric Indices of the Total and Perfused Capillary Network in the Rat Brain
- H. Weiss, E. Buchweitz, T. Murtha, M. Auletta
- BiologyCirculation Research
- 1 October 1982
The study found no significant differences in the total capillary network on a regional basis in rat brain in comparisons of any of the above indices in the 10 large brain areas.
Effects of natriuretic peptides on ventricular myocyte contraction and role of cyclic GMP signaling.
- Qihang Zhang, J. Moalem, J. Tse, P. Scholz, H. Weiss
- Biology, ChemistryEuropean Journal of Pharmacology
- 14 March 2005
Measurement of cerebral capillary perfusion with a fluorescent label.
- H. Weiss
- BiologyMicrovascular Research
- 1 September 1988
Cervical sympathectomy and cerebral microvascular and blood flow responses to hypocapnic hypoxia.
The peripheral sympathetic nervous system appeared to play an important role in the control of cerebral microvascular response to hypoxia in conscious rats and under normoxic conditions in sham and ganglionectomized animals.
Cerebral Blood Flow and Oxygen Consumption in Cortical Spreading Depression
- A. Mayevsky, H. Weiss
- BiologyJournal of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism
- 1 September 1991
It can be concluded that spreading depression caused an increase in cerebral O2 consumption that was adequately matched by a increase in local blood flow and oxygen delivery was not limited during spreading depression and its effects were quickly over as evidenced by the lack of alteration in oxygenation after the wave of spreading depression passed.
Effects of anti-VEGF antibody on blood–brain barrier disruption in focal cerebral ischemia
Effect of pentobarbital on cerebral regional venous O2 saturation heterogeneity
- A. K. Sinha, O. Chi, H. Weiss
- Medicine, BiologyBrain Research
- 18 September 1992
Cyclic GMP signaling and regulation of SERCA activity during cardiac myocyte contraction.
- Qihang Zhang, P. Scholz, Y. He, J. Tse, H. Weiss
- Biology, ChemistryCell Calcium
- 1 March 2005
Blood O2 saturation determination in frozen tissue.
- A. K. Sinha, J. Neubauer, J. Lipp, H. Weiss
- PhysicsMicrovascular Research
- 1 September 1977
Effect of Coronary Artery Occlusion on Regional Arterial and Venous O2 Saturation, O2 Extraction, Blood Flow, and O2 Consumption in the Dog Heart
- H. Weiss
- Medicine, BiologyCirculation Research
- 1 September 1980
The effects of coronary artery ligation on regional arterial and venous O2 saturation, oxygen extraction, blood flow, and oxygen consumption were studied in occluded and unoccluded areas of the…