Overweight, obesity, and cancer risk.
- F. Bianchini, R. Kaaks, H. Vainio
- Medicine, BiologyThe Lancet Oncology
- 1 September 2002
Organochlorines in Swedish women: determinants of serum concentrations.
- A. Glynn, F. Granath, E. Weiderpass
- MedicineEnvironmental Health Perspectives
- 28 October 2002
Serum concentrations were significantly associated with age, body mass index, body weight change, diabetes mellitus, consumption of fatty fish, and place of residence, and the findings suggest that lifestyle/medical factors may confound results in epidemiologic studies when they are related to both serum concentrations and disease.
Leadership, Job Well-Being, and Health Effects—A Systematic Review and a Meta-Analysis
- J. Kuoppala, A. Lamminpää, J. Liira, H. Vainio
- MedicineJournal of Occupational and Environmental…
- 1 August 2008
There is a relative lack of well-founded prospective studies targeting the association between leadership and employee health, but the few available good studies suggest an important role of leadership on employee job satisfaction, job well-being, sickness absences, and disability pensions.
Expression of cyclooxygenase-2 in human lung carcinoma.
- H. Wolff, K. Saukkonen, S. Anttila, A. Karjalainen, H. Vainio, A. Ristimäki
- Medicine, BiologyCancer Research
- 15 November 1998
The data suggest that Cox-2 is expressed in human lung carcinomas and in precursor lesions leading to this malignancy.
Point-mutational MspI and Ile-Val polymorphisms closely linked in the CYP1A1 gene: lack of association with susceptibility to lung cancer in a Finnish study population.
- A. Hirvonen, K. Husgafvel‐Pursiainen, A. Karjalainen, S. Anttila, H. Vainio
- Biology, MedicineCancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers and Prevention
- 1 September 1992
In this study of 87 lung cancer patients, 23 patients with lung disease other than cancer, and 121 healthy controls, no association was found between the MspI restriction fragment length polymorphism…
Mechanisms of Carcinogenesis in Risk Identification
- H. Vainio
- 31 December 1992
Find loads of the mechanisms of carcinogenesis in risk identification book catalogues in this site as the choice of you visiting this page. You can also join to the website book library that will…
Asbestos, asbestosis, and cancer, the Helsinki criteria for diagnosis and attribution 2014: recommendations.
- H. Wolff, T. Vehmas, P. Oksa, J. Rantanen, H. Vainio
- MedicineScandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and…
- 8 January 2015
This report summarizes the results of a project, organized by the Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, to update the 1997 and 2000 Helsinki criteria documents in view of the new advances in research.
Weight control and physical activity in cancer prevention
- F. Bianchini, R. Kaaks, H. Vainio
- Medicine, BiologyObesity Reviews
- 1 February 2002
A healthy lifestyle, keeping a low body weight and exercising most days of the week, is recommended in light of the beneficial effects of weight control and physical activity for cancer prevention.
Styrene metabolism by cDNA-expressed human hepatic and pulmonary cytochromes P450.
- T. Nakajima, E. Elovaara, T. Aoyama
- Biology, ChemistryChemical Research in Toxicology
- 1 November 1994
Kinetic analysis indicated the presence of at least two forms of styrene-metabolizing cytochrome P450s with different Km values in human liver microsomes, indicating that several human hepatic and/or pulmonary P450 forms are capable of metabolizing styrene, albeit at different rates.
Weight control and physical activity in cancer prevention: international evaluation of the evidence.
- H. Vainio, R. Kaaks, F. Bianchini
- MedicineEuropean Journal of Cancer Prevention
- 1 August 2002
The expert group concluded that limiting weight gain during adult life, thereby avoiding overweight and obesity, reduces the risk of postmenopausal breast cancer and cancers of the colon, endometrium, kidney (renal cell) and esophagus (adenocarcinoma).