Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Share This Author
Low performance of rapid antigen detection test as frontline testing for COVID-19 diagnosis
Emergence of ArmA and RmtB aminoglycoside resistance 16S rRNA methylases in Belgium.
- P. Bogaerts, M. Galimand, Y. Glupczynski
- Biology, MedicineThe Journal of antimicrobial chemotherapy
- 1 March 2007
The first report of the emergence of 16S rRNA methylase-mediated high-level resistance to aminoglycosides in Enterobacteriaceae in Belgium is reported, raising clinical concern and may become a major therapeutic threat in the future.
Intensive Care Unit Outbreak of Extended-Spectrum β-Lactamase–Producing Klebsiella Pneumoniae Controlled by Cohorting Patients and Reinforcing Infection Control Measures
- C. Laurent, H. Rodriguez-Villalobos, B. Byl
- Medicine, BiologyInfection Control & Hospital Epidemiology
- 1 June 2008
It is indicated that, in an intensive care department in which routine screening and contact precautions failed to prevent and interrupt an outbreak of ESBL-producing K. pneumoniae, reinforced infection control measures controlled the outbreak without major disruption of medical care.
SARS-CoV-2 causes a specific dysfunction of the kidney proximal tubule
Potential risk factors for infection with Candida spp. in critically ill patients.
- D. Peres-Bota, H. Rodriguez-Villalobos, G. Dimopoulos, C. Mélot, J. Vincent
- Medicine, BiologyClinical microbiology and infection : the…
- 1 June 2004
The incidence, risk factors and prognostic factors for candidal infection were determined in a prospective study of 280 infected patients and infection with Candida spp.
Rapid Detection of Candida albicans in Clinical Blood Samples by Using a TaqMan-Based PCR Assay
A rapid and reproducible PCR assay for quantitation of the Candida albicans ribosomal DNA (rDNA) in clinical blood samples based on the TaqMan principle is described, in which a signal is generated by cleavage of a template-specific probe during amplification.
Quantitative TaqMan PCR for detection of Pneumocystis jiroveci.
Successful treatment of septic shock due to pan-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii using combined antimicrobial therapy including tigecycline
- F. Taccone, H. Rodriguez-Villalobos, F. Jacobs
- Medicine, BiologyEuropean Journal of Clinical Microbiology and…
- 30 March 2006
This is the case of a patient with septic shock due to multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii, which developed after complicated acute pancreatitis with intra-abdominal abscess, and since shock persisted, tigecycline was added to the regimen, resulting in successful resolution of the infection.
In vitro activity of temocillin against extended spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli.
- H. Rodriguez-Villalobos, Vincent Malaviolle, J. Frankard, R. D. de Mendonça, C. Nonhoff, M. Struelens
- Medicine, BiologyThe Journal of antimicrobial chemotherapy
- 1 April 2006
These data indicate good in vitro activity of temocillin against multiresistant ESBL-producing E. coli, which is a semi-synthetic 6-alpha-methoxy derivative of ticarcillin that is highly stable to most bacterial beta-lactamases.
Controlled Performance Evaluation of the DiversiLab Repetitive-Sequence-Based Genotyping System for Typing Multidrug-Resistant Health Care-Associated Bacterial Pathogens
- A. Deplano, O. Denis, H. Rodriguez-Villalobos, R. de Ryck, M. Struelens, M. Hallin
- Biology, MedicineJournal of Clinical Microbiology
- 3 August 2011
The DiversiLab system showed good to excellent performance, making it a reliable typing tool for investigation of outbreaks caused by study pathogens, even though it was generally less discriminating than PFGE analysis.