Thermo-resistant green microalgae for effective biodiesel production: isolation and characterization of unialgal species from geothermal flora of Central Anatolia.
- M. Onay, Cagla Sonmez, H. Oktem, Ayse Meral Yucel
- Biology, EngineeringBioresource Technology
- 1 October 2014
Eriochrome Black T-Eu3+ Complex as a Ratiometric Colorimetric and Fluorescent Probe for the Detection of Dipicolinic Acid, a Biomarker of Bacterial Spores.
- M. D. Yilmaz, H. Oktem
- ChemistryAnalytical Chemistry
- 28 February 2018
A novel ratiometric colorimetric and fluorescent dual probe based on Eriochrome Black T (EBT)-Eu3+ complex was designed to detect dipicolinic acid (DPA), a major constituent of bacterial spores, with…
Evaluation of heterotrophic and mixotrophic cultivation of novel Micractinium sp. ME05 on vinasse and its scale up for biodiesel production.
- Iskin Kose Engin, Deniz Cekmecelioglu, A. M. Yücel, H. Oktem
- Engineering, BiologyBioresource Technology
- 1 March 2018
Drought-induced oxidative damage and antioxidant responses in peanut (Arachishypogaea L.) seedlings
- U. Çelikkol Akçay, O. Ercan, M. Yucel
- ChemistryPlant growth regulation (Print)
- 10 January 2010
Two cultivars of peanut (Arachishypogaea L.) which were designated as resistant (Florispan) and sensitive (Gazipasa) according to their growth retardation under drought stress conditions were…
In vitro Selection of DNA Aptamers to Glioblastoma Multiforme.
- A. T. Bayraç, K. Sefah, W. Tan
- BiologyACS Chemical Neuroscience
- 31 January 2011
A group of aptamers were generated that can bind to target cells specifically with dissociation constants in the nanomolar range, which have potential use in different applications, such as probes for diagnosis and devices for targeted drug delivery, as well as tools for molecular marker discovery for glioblastomas.
Cu/Zn superoxide dismutase activity and respective gene expression during cold acclimation and freezing stress in barley cultivars
- C. Kayıhan, F. Eyidoğan, N. Afsar, H. Oktem, M. Yucel
- ChemistryBiologia plantarum
- 29 March 2012
The transcript levels and activities of the superoxide dismutase isoenzyme (Cu/ZnSOD) were assessed in winter (Tarm-92) and spring (Zafer-160) barley cultivars during cold acclimation, freezing…
Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated genetic transformation of a recalcitrant grain legume, lentil (Lens culinaris Medik)
- U. Çelikkol Akçay, M. Mahmoudian, H. Kamci, M. Yucel, H. Oktem
- Biology, MedicinePlant Cell Reports
- 1 March 2009
A simple and reproducible Agrobacterium-mediated transformation protocol for a recalcitrant legume plant, lentil, and the presence of the transgene in the lentil genome was confirmed by GUS assay, PCR, RT-PCR and Southern hybridization.
Evaluation of novel thermo-resistant Micractinium and Scenedesmus sp. for efficient biomass and lipid production under different temperature and nutrient regimes.
- Cagla Sonmez, E. Elcin, Dilan Akın, H. Oktem, M. Yucel
- BiologyBioresource Technology
- 1 July 2016
Ratiometric fluorescence detection of an anthrax biomarker with Eu3+-chelated chitosan biopolymers.
- M. Donmez, H. Oktem, M. D. Yilmaz
- Chemistry, BiologyCarbohydrate Polymers
- 15 January 2018
Pathogen detection by core-shell type aptamer-magnetic preconcentration coupled to real-time PCR.
- V. C. Ozalp, G. Bayramoglu, M. Kavruk, B. Keskin, H. Oktem, M. Y. Arica
- Biology, MedicineAnalytical Biochemistry
- 15 February 2014