Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Responses of catecholamines, renin-angiotensin system, and atrial natriuretic peptide to exercise in untrained men and women.
1. Plasma norepinephrine (NE), epinephrine (E), renin activity (PRA), angiotensin II (ATII), aldosterone (ALD), and atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) were measured in 20 male and 15 female subjects… Expand
AUGMENTED EXERCISE PLASMA NORADRENALINE WITH IMPAIRED CHRONOTROPIC RESPONSIVENESS IN PATIENTS WITH HYPERTROPHIC CARDIOMYOPATHY *
- H. Omodani, T. Kinugawa, +11 authors C. Shigemasa
- Clinical and experimental pharmacology…
- 1 December 1998
1. There is controversy regarding plasma catecholamine levels in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) and few data exist on serial plasma catecholamine measurements during exercise. The… Expand
Catecholamines, renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system, and atrial natriuretic peptide at rest and during submaximal exercise in patients with congestive heart failure.
- T. Kinugawa, K. Ogino, +5 authors H. Miyakoda
- The American journal of the medical sciences
- 1 September 1996
The aim of this study was to determine the responses of plasma catecholamines, renin-angiotensin-aldosterone (RAA) activity, and plasma atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) to exercise in patients with… Expand
Response of sympathetic nervous system activity to exercise in patients with congestive heart failure
- T. Kinugawa, K. Ogino, +5 authors H. Mashiba
- European journal of clinical investigation
- 1 October 1991
Abstract. To investigate the serial sympathetic nervous system response to exercise, plasma norepinephrine (NE) and epinephrine (E) concentrations were measured at rest, during each stage of… Expand
Effects of spironolactone on exercise capacity and neurohormonal factors in patients with heart failure treated with loop diuretics and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor.
1. Treatment with spironolactone is reported to be useful when combined with loop diuretics and an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor in severe congestive heart failure (CHF). However, the… Expand
Responses of plasma norepinephrine and renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system to dynamic exercise in patients with congestive heart failure.
BACKGROUND Neurohormonal activation is present and neurohormonal responses to dynamic exercise are altered in congestive heart failure (CHF). Responses of plasma norepinephrine in various degrees of… Expand
Exercise-induced ST-segment elevation--role of left ventricular wall motion abnormalities and coronary artery narrowing.
We studied the causes of exercise-induced ST-segment elevation. Group I consisted of 15 patients with anterior myocardial infarction in the absence of a coronary artery luminal narrowing of 75% or… Expand
Augmented response in plasma atrial natriuretic peptide to dynamic exercise in patients with congestive heart failure.
Neurohormonal activation is present and neurohormonal responses to dynamic exercise are altered in patients with congestive heart failure (CHF). The aim of this study was to determine if the… Expand
Inhibitory effect of 9-amino-1,2,3,4-tetrahydroacridine (THA) on the potassium current of rabbit sinoatrial node.
- H. Kotake, I. Hisatome, S. Matsuoka, H. Miyakoda, J. Hasegawa, H. Mashiba
- Chemistry, Medicine
- Cardiovascular research
STUDY OBJECTIVE - To examine the effect of 9-amino-1,2,3,4-tetrahydroacridine (THA), a compound similar to the K+ blocker 4-aminopyridine, on potassium channels in the sinoatrial node. DESIGN - The… Expand
Significance of coronary artery tone assessed by coronary responses to ergonovine and nitrate.
- A. Hoshio, H. Miyakoda, M. Fukuki, J. Yamasaki, H. Kotake, H. Mashiba
- Japanese circulation journal
- 20 January 1991
The coronary artery response to ergonovine (EM) and nitrate of the proximal, middle and distal segments of the three major coronary artery branches and the main trunk was quantified in 67 patients… Expand