Share This Author
1,25‐dihydroxyvitamin D3 inhibits ultraviolet B‐induced apoptosis, Jun kinase activation, and interleukin‐6 production in primary human keratinocytes
- P. de Haes, M. Garmyn, H. Degreef, K. Vantieghem, R. Bouillon, S. Segaert
- Biology, MedicineJournal of cellular biochemistry
- 1 July 2003
Findings suggest the existence of a photoprotective effect of active vitamin D3 and create new perspectives for the pharmacological use of active Vitamin D compounds in the prevention of UVB‐induced skin damage and carcinogenesis.
Analysis of N- and K-ras mutations in the distinctive tumor progression phases of melanoma.
- A. Demunter, M. Stas, H. Degreef, C. de Wolf‐Peeters, J. J. van den Oord
- BiologyThe Journal of investigative dermatology
- 1 December 2001
The results suggest that N-ras exon 1 mutations preferentially occur during early stages of tumor progression and hence may be involved in melanoma initiation, whereas those in N-ra exon 2 are found preferential during later stages and hence are more probably involved in metastatic spread of cutaneous melanoma.
Protein contact dermatitis: myth or reality?
- V. Janssens, M. Morren, A. Dooms‐goossens, H. Degreef
- MedicineThe British journal of dermatology
- 1 January 1995
Protein contact dermatitis is a dermatosis which usually presents as a chronic eczema with episodic acute exacerbations a few minutes after contact with the offending allergen. Patch tests with the…
European recommendations on the use of oral antibiotics for acne.
- B. Dréno, V. Bettoli, F. Ochsendorf, A. Layton, H. Mobacken, H. Degreef
- MedicineEuropean journal of dermatology : EJD
- 1 November 2004
A set of recommendations on the use of oral antibiotics in acne, developed by a group of European acne specialists, designed to be considered by dermatologists and general practitioners in their daily practice throughout Europe.
Processing Emotional Information in Alzheimer’s Disease: Effects on Memory Performance and Neurophysiological Correlates
- F. Boller, J. Dequeker, S. Starkstein
- PsychologyDementia and Geriatric Cognitive Disorders
- 1 July 2002
The results show relatively preserved emotional processing in patients with AD and suggest that the emotional content of a context can influence memory performance, although there is no evidence that this effect is mediated by attention as measured by ERP.
Identification of cross‐reaction patterns in allergic contact dermatitis from topical corticosteroids
- S. Coopman, H. Degreef, A. Dooms‐goossens
- Medicine, BiologyThe British journal of dermatology
- 1 July 1989
It is concluded that positive patchtests to corticosteroids occur approximately six to seven times more frequently in well‐defined groups of structurally‐related substances than between cortic Fosteroids of different groups.
Current therapy of dermatophytosis.
Famciclovir, a new oral antiherpes drug: results of the first controlled clinical study demonstrating its efficacy and safety in the treatment of uncomplicated herpes zoster in immunocompetent…
- H. Degreef
- MedicineInternational journal of antimicrobial agents
Retinoic acid modulates the anti-proliferative effect of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 in cultured human epidermal keratinocytes.
- S. Segaert, M. Garmyn, H. Degreef, R. Bouillon
- Biology, MedicineThe Journal of investigative dermatology
- 1 July 1997
RA modulates VD-dependent effects at different levels of keratinocyte proliferation, which could have implications for the use of combinations of both drugs for skin diseases.
Fungal infections of the skin: infection process and antimycotic therapy.
The antifungal agents currently marketed for dermatomycoses are mainly inhibitors of ergosterol biosynthesis, except for griseofulvin, which interferes with the cytoplasmic and nuclear microtubular system.