The lambda calculus - its syntax and semantics
- H. Barendregt
- MathematicsStudies in Logic and the Foundations of…
- 15 November 1985
A filter lambda model and the completeness of type assignment
- H. Barendregt, M. Coppo, M. Dezani-Ciancaglini
- PhilosophyJournal of Symbolic Logic (JSL)
- 1 December 1983
In [6, p. 317] Curry described a formal system assigning types to terms of the type-free λ-calculus. In  Scott gave a natural semantics for this type assignment and asked whether a completeness…
Introduction to generalized type systems
- H. Barendregt
- Computer ScienceJournal of functional programming
- 1 April 1991
Barendregt (1991) gives a fine-structure of the theory of constructions in the form of a canonical cube of eight type systems ordered by inclusion, showing that the generalized type systems are flexible enough to describe many logical systems.
Lambda Calculus with Types
This handbook with exercises reveals in formalisms, hitherto mainly used for hardware and software design and verification, unexpected mathematical beauty. The lambda calculus forms a prototype…
The efficacy of mindfulness-based cognitive therapy in recurrent depressed patients with and without a current depressive episode: a randomized controlled trial
- J. V. van Aalderen, A. Donders, F. Giommi, P. Spinhoven, H. Barendregt, A. Speckens
- Psychology, MedicinePsychological Medicine
- 3 October 2011
MBCT is as effective for patients with recurrent depression who are currently depressed as for patients who are in remission, although future research is needed to support these hypotheses.
The | lambda-Calculus.
- H. Barendregt
- MathematicsJournal of Symbolic Logic (JSL)
- 1 March 1977
the equations derivable from the axioms of the theory. When this two-step algebraization has been carried out it is possible to reduce problems of validity in a first-order language to questions…
Term Graph Rewriting
- H. Barendregt, M. V. Eekelen, J. Glauert, R. Kennaway, M. J. Plasmeijer, M. Sleep
- Computer ScienceParallel Architectures and Languages Europe
- 1 March 1987
Graph rewriting (also called reduction) as defined in Wadsworth  was introduced in order to be able to give a more efficient implementation of functional programming languages in the form of…
Autarkic Computations in Formal Proofs
This paper shows how to obtain formal proofs of statements such as Prime(61) in the context of Peano arithmetic or (x+1)(x-1)=x2+2x-2 in thecontext of rings and hopes that the method will help bridge the gap between the efficient systems of computer algebra and the reliable systems of proof development.
Greater efficiency in attentional processing related to mindfulness meditation
- Paul A. M. van den Hurk, F. Giommi, S. Gielen, A. Speckens, H. Barendregt
- PsychologyQuarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology
- 1 June 2010
Overall attentional processing was analysed and extensive mindfulness meditation appeared to be related to a reduction of the fraction of errors for responses with the same reaction time, suggesting the possibility of increasing the efficiency in attentionalprocessing by extensive mental training.