Giuseppe Di Pierro

  • Citations Per Year
Learn More
A case of visual loss occurring 24 h after oil myelography, in a patient with an intraspinal cervical meningioma, is reported. The disturbance is attributed to the penetration of contrast medium into the chiasmatic cistern. Un cas de baisse de l'acuité visuelle survenue 24 heures après myélographie positive chez un malade atteint de méningiome cervical est(More)
To assess the relative influence of maternal body composition at late gestation on birth weight, we examined maternal body composition near term (36.50±2.67 weeks gestation) in a group of 29 women, aged 20–39 years. The women came to the laboratory after an overnight fast. After anthropometric measurements, bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA) was(More)
We assessed total body water (TBW) content and cardiac function in 25 normotensive (N) and 22 gestational hypertensive (GH) women matched for age, gestational age, and prepregnancy body mass index (BMI) during the third trimester of gestation. Patients underwent maternal echocardiography, bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA), and hematocrit (Hct %)(More)
Introduction Nearly 95 percent of ectopic pregnancies are implanted in the various segments of the fallopian tube, the remaining 5 percent of non tubal ectopic pregnancies (EP) implants in the ovary, peritoneal cavity, cervix, or prior cesarean scar and are considered unusual ectopic pregnancies. Unusual EP are considered an important challenge for the(More)
INTRODUCTION The aim of this study was to compare two groups of patients with early stage cervical cancer who underwent either abdominal or vaginal surgery, in terms of post-operative findings and survival. MATERIALS AND METHODOLOGY 55 patients with diagnosed cervical cancer were retrospectively selected for this study. They were preoperatively staged(More)
  • 1