Giuseppa Pezzella

Learn More
OBJECTIVE The combination of GEM/PLD has been tested for its efficacy on survival of recurrent ovarian cancer patients. METHODS This is a multicenter phase II study of GEM/PLD regimen in recurrent ovarian cancer patients previously treated with at least one platinum/paclitaxel regimen, and with evidence of measurable disease. PLD, 30 mg m(-2), was(More)
The purpose of the study was to evaluate the antitumor activity and the safety of paclitaxel combined with gemcitabine and cisplatin in patients affected by advanced transitional cell carcinoma of the urothelium (TCC). Eighty-five patients affected by advanced TCC and measurable disease were randomized to receive either paclitaxel at dosage of 70 mg/m2,(More)
Hormonal therapy is the preferred systemic treatment for recurrent or metastatic, post-menopausal hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer. Previous studies have shown that there is no cross-resistance between exemestane and reversible aromatase inhibitors. Exposure to hormonal therapy does not hamper later response to chemotherapy. Patients with locally(More)
3559 Background: Cetuximab is an IgG monoclonal antibody targeting the EGFR showing to be effective both as single agent or in combination with Irinotecan (CPT-11) or Irinotecan/FU/FA in patients (pts) with EGFR-expressing metastatic colorectal cancer (CRC) in the first and second/subsequent-line setting. The current trial was designed to evaluate the(More)
A phase II trial of 5FU in modulation with intravenous high-dose levofolinic acid and oral hydroxyurea (HU) in advanced unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). A total of 50 consecutive patients, 38 males (76%) and 12 females (24%), with a mean age of 62 years (range 30-74) and a mean performance status of 80 (KI, range 60-90) were enrolled. The vast(More)
BACKGROUND The aim of the study was to verify the efficacy and safety of the addition of celecoxib to FOLFIRI combination therapy in patients affected by advanced colorectal cancer. PATIENTS AND METHODS Eighty-one chemotherapy-naïve patients entered in this randomized phase II trial of the GOIM (protocol no. 2301). Patients were randomized to receive(More)
Approximately 20-25% of patients with limited small cell lung cancer (SCLC) can be cured with an aggressive approach (chest radiation concomitant with chemotherapy) followed by prophylactic cranial irradiation (PCI) to a total dose of 30-36Gy with 3-2Gy per fraction, five fractions per week. Steroid prophylactic therapy with dexamethasone is usually(More)
BACKGROUND To date there is no established chemotherapeutic treatment for patients with unresectable locally advanced and/or metastatic carcinomas of the exocrine pancreas or the gallbladder. A multicenter Phase II trial has been performed by the Southern Italy Oncology Group with the aim of evaluating the clinical effectiveness and tolerability of weekly(More)
PURPOSE To verify the experience of the GOIM in the treatment of advanced colorectal cancer patients with the FOLFIRI combination therapy. PATIENTS AND METHODS Patients entered in three consecutive trials of the GOIM (protocols no. 9706, 9901, and 2301) were reported in this analysis. A total of 287 chemotherapy-naive patients were treated with FOLFIRI(More)
A total of 71 patients with advanced gastric carcinoma were randomized to receive either folinic acid + fluorouracil (arm A) or the same combination with the addition of 4-epidoxorubicin (arm B). Of the 62 evaluable patients (31 in both arms), six patients achieved a CR (10%) and 16 a PR (25.5%) with an overall response rate of 35.5% (29% in arm A and 42%(More)