Girish Parikh

  • Citations Per Year
Learn More
A debate raged in the recent issues of Software Engineering Notes published by ACM's SIGSOFT (Special Interest Group on Software Engineering) t o change the name "maintenance" to "evolution ." Evolution seemed to win 2 to 1 with one tie . Other terms suggested for maintenance : "software support" , "software renovation", and the mouthful "continuation(More)
Selecting the "right" software methodology may save you a fortune in the long run. Consider these figures: Several studies indicate that maintenance consumes 67% of the software life cycle: the remaining 33% is development. Once a software system becomes operational. It may be used for five to 20 years (some IBM 1401 programs are still around).Consider the(More)
In the part I (SEN Vol. II, No. 2) of this 3-part series, we explored the term "Software Maintenance." In the part II (SEN Vol. II, No.3) we explored some striking similarities and differences between sex and software maintenance, and encouraged you to probe and unravel the mysteries of software maintenance. In this final part we describe some of the(More)