Methanoplanus limicola, a plate-shaped methanogen representing a novel family, the methanoplanaceae
- Gertrud Wildgruber, M. Thomm, H. König, K. Ober, Theodoro Richiuto, K. Stetter
- BiologyArchives of Microbiology
- 1 July 1982
An angular plate-shaped weakly motile mesophilic methanogen was isolated from a swamp of drilling waste in Italy and found to represent a new family, the Methanoplanaceae within the order Methanomicrobiales.
Methanothermus fervidus, sp. nov., a novel extremely thermophilic methanogen isolated from an Icelandic hot spring
- K. Stetter, M. Thomm, S. Wunderl
- 1 August 1981
Taxonomic relations between archaebacteria including 6 novel genera examined by cross hybridization of DNAs and 16S rRNAs
- J. Tu, D. Prangishvilli, H. Huber, Gertrud Wildgruber, W. Zillig, K. Stetter
- BiologyJournal of Molecular Evolution
DNAs from 16 species of archaebacteria including 6 novel isolates were hybridized with 16S rRNAs from 7 species representing different orders or groups of the urkingdom of arch aebacteria, revealing the same major divisions as that derived from comparative cataloging of16S rRNA sequences.