Gabrielle Normand

Learn More
Selenium (Se) is an essential element and deficit or excess of dietary Se is associated with health disorders. Relatively elevated Se levels have been reported in the Brazilian Amazon, where there are also important annual variations in the availability of different foods. The present study was conducted among six riparian communities of the Tapajós River(More)
Simultaneous pancreas and kidney transplantation (SPK) is currently the best therapeutic option for patients with type 1 diabetes and terminal renal failure. Renal transplantation restores fertility enabling women to pursue pregnancies. However, scarcity of available data on pregnancy outcomes in SPK impedes fair medical counseling. Medical files of all(More)
In order to study the effects of ATP-binding cassette transporter 2 (ABCA2) deficiency on the progression of prostate cancer, congenic Abca2 knockout (KO) mice were crossed to the transgenic adenocarcinoma of the mouse prostate (TRAMP) model. ABCA2 expression was elevated in wild-type/TRAMP (WT/Tg) dorsal prostate, a region comprising the most aggressive(More)
Of the 600-700 mg inorganic phosphate (Pi) removed during a 4-hour hemodialysis session, a maximum of 10% may be extracted from the extracellular space. The origin of the other 90% of removed phosphate is unknown. This study tested the hypothesis that the main source of phosphate removed during hemodialysis is the intracellular compartment. Six(More)
BACKGROUND There is experimental evidence that lethal ischemia-reperfusion injury (IRI) is largely due to mitochondrial permeability transition pore (mPTP) opening, which can be prevented by cyclosporine A (CsA). The aim of our study is to show that a higher dose of CsA (10 mg/kg) injected just before ischemia or a lower dose of CsA (3 mg/kg) injected(More)
A 50-year-old man presented with nephrotic syndrome. Electron microscopy analysis of a kidney biopsy specimen showed fibrillary glomerulonephritis, a rare glomerular disease, while histological analysis of a liver tumor biopsy confirmed an intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma. The paraneoplastic nature of fibrillary glomerulonephritis is debated but after(More)
  • 1