Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Self-management education for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- T. Effing, E. Monninkhof, +5 authors G. Zielhuis
- The Cochrane database of systematic reviews
- 17 October 2007
BACKGROUND There is great interest in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and the associated large burden of disease. COPD is characterised by frequent day by day fluctuations, and… Expand
Two cycles with single embryo transfer versus one cycle with double embryo transfer: a randomized controlled trial.
BACKGROUND With the aim of reducing the number of multiple pregnancies after IVF we investigated the effectiveness of two cycles with single embryo transfer (SET) and one cycle with double embryo… Expand
Effects of a comprehensive self-management programme in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- E. Monninkhof, P. Van der valk, J. van der Palen, C. Van herwaarden, G. Zielhuis
- European Respiratory Journal
- 1 November 2003
The aim of this study was to assess the effects of a comprehensive self-management intervention on health-related quality of life (HRQoL), symptoms and walking distance in patients with stable… Expand
The effect of anxiety and depression on the outcome of in-vitro fertilization.
- J. Smeenk, C. Verhaak, A. Eugster, A. van Minnen, G. Zielhuis, D. D. Braat
- Biology, Medicine
- Human reproduction
- 1 July 2001
BACKGROUND The study aim was to clarify the role of anxiety and depression on the outcome in assisted reproductive treatment. Previous studies on this topic have shown contradicting results, which… Expand
Effect of discontinuation of inhaled corticosteroids in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: the COPE study.
- P. Van der valk, E. Monninkhof, J. van der Palen, G. Zielhuis, C. van Herwaarden
- American journal of respiratory and critical care…
- 15 November 2002
The aim of this double-blind single center study (the COPE study) was to investigate the effect of discontinuation of the inhaled corticosteroid fluticasone propionate (FP) on exacerbations and… Expand
Pesticide exposure: the hormonal function of the female reproductive system disrupted?
- R. Bretveld, C. M. Thomas, P. T. Scheepers, G. Zielhuis, N. Roeleveld
- Medicine, Biology
- Reproductive biology and endocrinology : RB&E
- 31 May 2006
Some pesticides may interfere with the female hormonal function, which may lead to negative effects on the reproductive system through disruption of the hormonal balance necessary for proper… Expand
Cost analysis of singleton versus twin pregnancies after in vitro fertilization.
- H. G. Lukassen, Y. Schönbeck, E. Adang, D. D. Braat, G. Zielhuis, J. Kremer
- Fertility and sterility
- 1 May 2004
OBJECTIVE To determine the difference in costs between singleton and twin pregnancies after IVF treatment from pregnancy to 6 weeks after delivery from a health care perspective. DESIGN… Expand
Self-management education for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a systematic review
- E. Monninkhof, P. Van der valk, J. van der Palen, C. Van herwaarden, M. Partridge, G. Zielhuis
- 1 May 2003
Background: The idea of self-management is to teach patients how to carry out the activities of daily living optimally in the face of their physiological impairment, and to prevent or decrease the… Expand
Fatigue and chronic fatigue syndrome-like complaints in the general population.
- Marjolein van't Leven, G. Zielhuis, J. W. van der Meer, A. Verbeek, G. Bleijenberg
- European journal of public health
- 1 June 2010
BACKGROUND Most knowledge on chronic fatigue (CF) and chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is based on clinical studies, not representative of the general population. This study aimed to assess the… Expand
Effects of folic acid and zinc sulfate on male factor subfertility: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial.
- W. Y. Wong, H. Merkus, C. M. Thomas, R. Menkveld, G. Zielhuis, R. Steegers-Theunissen
- Fertility and sterility
- 1 March 2002
OBJECTIVE To study the effects of folic acid and zinc sulfate treatment on semen variables in fertile and subfertile men. DESIGN Double-blind, placebo-controlled interventional study. SETTING Two… Expand