Severity Scoring of Atopic Dermatitis: The SCORAD Index
Assessment methods for atopic dermatitis are not standardized, and therapeutic studies are difficult to interpret, so consensus on these methods is needed to obtain a consensus on them.
EEMCO guidance for the assessment of skin colour.
- G. Piérard
- MedicineJournal of the European Academy of Dermatology…
Classical Ehlers-Danlos syndrome caused by a mutation in type I collagen.
- L. Nuytinck, M. Freund, L. Lagae, G. Piérard, T. Hermanns‐Lê, A. De Paepe
- BiologyAmerican Journal of Human Genetics
- 1 April 2000
It is shown that mutations in other fibrillar collagens can be causally involved in classical EDS and point to genetic heterogeneity of this disorder.
Cellulite: from standing fat herniation to hypodermal stretch marks.
- G. Piérard, J. Nizet, C. Piérard‐franchimont
- BiologyThe American Journal of dermatopathology
- 1 February 2000
Histologic aspects reminiscent of stretch marks are identified within the hypodermal strands, resulting in clinical skin dimpling.
Staging of regional nodes in AJCC stage I and II melanoma: 18FDG PET imaging versus sentinel node detection.
- T. Belhocine, G. Piérard, Michel De Labrassinne, T. Lahaye, P. Rigo
- MedicineThe oncologist
- 1 August 2002
Sentinel node detection remains the procedure of choice for detecting subclinical lymph node involvement from primary cutaneous melanoma and PET appears insufficiently sensitive to identify microscopic nodal metastases.
Corynebacterium‐associated skin infections
- G. Blaise, A. Nikkels, T. Hermanns-Lê, N. Nikkels‐Tassoudji, G. Piérard
- Medicine, BiologyInternational journal of dermatology
- 1 September 2008
Background Corynebacterium spp. are diphtheroid bacteria responsible for pitted keratolysis, a common plantar infection confined to the thick stratum corneum.
Macrophages and tumor necrosis factor alpha in toxic epidermal necrolysis.
- P. Paquet, A. Nikkels, J. Arrese, A. Vanderkelen, G. Piérard
- Medicine, BiologyArchives of Dermatology
- 1 May 1994
Cells of the monocyte-macrophage lineage largely outnumber lymphocytes in the lesions of toxic epidermal necrolysis, and tumor necrosis factor alpha is likely a major cytokine that is responsible for necrosis.
Genital and lingual warts in small cetaceans from coastal Peru
Genital warts in dusky dolphins Lagenorhynchus obscurus, long-snouted common dolphins Delphinus capensis, bottlenose dolphins Tursiops truncatus and Burmeister's porpoises Phocoena spinipinnis caught in fisheries off central Peru suggest that papillomavirus(es) may be the etiological agent(s) of the disease.
The integration of the various cell reactions with ultraviolet light is modulated by the phototypes. It is responsible for photo-immunological processes and for photocancerogenesis.