Share This Author
Curcumin Blocks Cytotoxicity of Enteroaggregative and Enteropathogenic Escherichia coli by Blocking Pet and EspC Proteolytic Release From Bacterial Outer Membrane
- Javier I. Sanchez-Villamil, F. Navarro-Garcia, Araceli Castillo-Romero, Filiberto Gutiérrez-Gutiérrez, Daniel Tapia, Gabriela Tapia-Pastrana
- BiologyFront. Cell. Infect. Microbiol.
- 25 September 2019
Curcumin blocks Pet and EspC cytotoxicity on epithelial cells by preventing their release from the outer membrane, thereby affecting the pathogenesis of EAEC and EPEC.
Identification and molecular characterization of the tubulin‐podophyllotoxin‐type lignans binding site on Giardia lamblia
- Filiberto Gutiérrez-Gutiérrez, Antonio Romo-Mancillas, A. M. Puebla-Pérez, J. M. Hernández-Hernández, Araceli Castillo-Romero
- BiologyChemical biology & drug design
- 12 September 2019
It is demonstrated that 5′‐desmethoxy‐peltatin‐A‐methylether (5‐DES), acetylpodophyllotoxin (APOD), and podophyllOToxin (POD) affect the distribution and staining pattern of microtubular structures on Giardia trophozoites.
Curcumin alters the cytoskeleton and microtubule organization on trophozoites of Giardia lamblia.
Antigiardial Activity of Podophyllotoxin-Type Lignans from Bursera fagaroides var. fagaroides
- Filiberto Gutiérrez-Gutiérrez, A. M. Puebla-Pérez, Araceli Castillo-Romero
- Biology, MedicineMolecules
- 1 May 2017
Using the Caco-2 human cell line as a model of the intestinal epithelium, it is demonstrated that APOD displayed direct antigiardial killing activity and low toxicity on Caco -2 cells, making it an attractive potential starting point for new antigiARDial drugs.
Encapsulation of curcumin into layered double hydroxides improve their anticancer and antiparasitic activity
- Filiberto Gutiérrez-Gutiérrez, Cecilia Sánchez-Jiménez, Karina Jeanette Parra-Saavedra
- BiologyThe Journal of pharmacy and pharmacology
- 13 April 2020
Curcumin (CUR) has well‐known activity against cancer cells and parasites; however, its applications are limited since this is an unstable molecule, which may suffer degradation by light and…
Identification of a novel potassium channel (GiK) as a potential drug target in Giardia lamblia: Computational descriptions of binding sites
- Lissethe Palomo-Ligas, Filiberto Gutiérrez-Gutiérrez, Verónica Yadira Ochoa-Maganda, R. Cortés-Zárate, C. Charles-Niño, Araceli Castillo-Romero
- 27 February 2019
The predicted binding of 110 potassium blockers to GiK makes this protein an attractive target for biological testing to evaluate its role in the life cycle of Giardia lamblia and potential candidate for the design of novel antigiardial drugs.
Polyphenolic extract from Punica granatum peel causes cytoskeleton-related damage on Giardia lamblia trophozoites in vitro
The in vitro antigiardial potential of polyphenolic extract from pomegranate peel was evaluated and it was found that the extract alters α-tubulin expression and distribution in Giardia trophozoites in a concentration-independent manner.