Cytotoxic activity of Brazilian Cerrado plants used in traditional medicine against cancer cell lines.
- M. D. de Mesquita, J. E. de Paula, L. Espindola
- BiologyJournal of Ethnopharmacology
- 25 June 2009
Phenolic Constituents of Selaginella doederleinii.
- R. Lin, A. Skaltsounis, E. Seguin, F. Tillequin, M. Koch
- ChemistryPlanta Medica
- 1 April 1994
Lignans are described here for the first time in the family Selaginellaceae for their cytotoxic activity against L 929 murine cells accounts for the use of the plant in traditional Chinese medicine as an anticancer agent.
In vitro activities of furoquinoline and acridone alkaloids against Plasmodium falciparum
- L. Basco, S. Mitaku, J. Le bras
- Chemistry, MedicineAntimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy
- 1 May 1994
In vitro activities of furo[2,3b]quinoline and acridone alkaloids against Plasmodium falciparum were evaluated and a pyran ring in the furoquinoline nucleus and 2-O-pyranoglycoside and2-nitro substituents in the acrid one nucleus improved the antimalarial activities of the compounds.
Isolation and antibacterial activity of phenylpropanoid derivatives from Ballota nigra.
- N. Didry, V. Seidel, L. Dubreuil, F. Tillequin, F. Bailleul
- Biology, ChemistryJournal of Ethnopharmacology
- 1 November 1999
New dithiolopyrrolone antibiotics from Saccharothrix sp. SA 233. I. Taxonomy, fermentation, isolation and biological activities.
- L. Lamari, A. Zitouni, F. Tillequin
- Biology, MedicineJournal of antibiotics (Tokyo. )
- 25 August 2002
Three new natural antibacterial and antifungal dithiolopyrrolone antibiotics were isolated along with the known iso-butyropyrrothine and thiolutine from the fermentation broth of an actinomycete…
The synthesis and angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitory activity of chalcones and their pyrazole derivatives.
- M. Bonesi, M. Loizzo, G. Statti, S. Michel, F. Tillequin, F. Menichini
- ChemistryBioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters
- 15 March 2010
alpha-Glucosidase inhibitory constituents from stem bark of Terminalia superba (Combretaceae).
- J. Wansi, Marie-Christine Lallemand, Z. Fomum
- 1 August 2007
Two new peltogynoids from Acacia nilotica Delile with kinase inhibitory activity.
- A. Ahmadu, Agunu Abdulkarim, A. Skaltsounis
- ChemistryPlanta Medica
- 1 March 2010
Two new peltogynoids were isolated from the stem bark of Acacia nilotica (L.) Delile, together with the known triterpene lupenone, and the structures of the new compounds were established on the basis of their spectral data, mainly UV, NMR, and mass spectrometry.
Phenylpropanoids from Ballota nigra L. inhibit in vitro LDL peroxidation
- V. Seidel, Mathieu Verholle, Elisabeth Teissier
- ChemistryPhytotherapy Research
- 1 March 2000
The goal of this study was to test whether the major polyphenolic compounds extracted from Ballota nigra, four phenylpropanoid glycosides, verbascoside, forsythoside B, arenarioside, and ballotetroside and one non‐glycosidic phenyl Propanoid, caffeoyl‐L‐malic acid, inhibit Cu2+‐induced LDL peroxidation.
Cytotoxic activity and inhibitory effect on nitric oxide production of triterpene saponins from the roots of Physospermum verticillatum (Waldst & Kit) (Apiaceae).