Share This Author
Genetic analysis of the Chinese cytochrome P4502D locus: characterization of variant CYP2D6 genes present in subjects with diminished capacity for debrisoquine hydroxylation.
- I. Johansson, M. Oscarson, Q. Yue, L. Bertilsson, F. Sjöqvist, M. Ingelman-Sundberg
- BiologyMolecular pharmacology
- 1 September 1994
Important interethnic differences exist in the structure of the CYP2D locus, and they suggest that the frequent distribution of the C188-->T mutation among the CYp2D6Ch genes explains the lower capacity among Chinese to metabolize drugs that are substrates of CYP 2D6, such as antidepressants and neuroleptic agents.
Pronounced differences between native Chinese and Swedish populations in the polymorphic hydroxylations of debrisoquin and S‐mephenytoin
The findings imply that drugs metabolized by these two polymorphic hydroxylases should be prescribed in different dosages to Chinese and white subjects.
Validation of methods for CYP2C9 genotyping: frequencies of mutant alleles in a Swedish population.
- U. Yasar, E. Eliasson, M. Dahl, I. Johansson, M. Ingelman-Sundberg, F. Sjöqvist
- BiologyBiochemical and biophysical research…
- 27 January 1999
Cytochrome P450 2C9 (CYP2C9) catalysis the metabolism of important drugs such as phenytoin, S-warfarin, tolbutamide, losartan, torasemide, and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. A functional…
Disposition of chloroquine in man after single intravenous and oral doses.
Subjective side effects like difficulties with swallowing and accommodation, diplopia and fatigue occurred during intravenous infusion and were closely related to plasma concentrations, and the disposition of chloroquine in erythrocytes was parallel to that in plasma.
Inherited amplification of an active gene in the cytochrome P450 CYP2D locus as a cause of ultrarapid metabolism of debrisoquine.
- I. Johansson, E. Lundqvist, L. Bertilsson, M. Dahl, F. Sjöqvist, M. Ingelman-Sundberg
- BiologyProceedings of the National Academy of Sciences…
- 15 December 1993
The data show the principle of inherited amplification of an active gene, and the finding of a specific haplotype with two or more active CYP2D6 genes allows genotyping for ultrarapid drug metabolizers.
Ultrarapid hydroxylation of debrisoquine in a Swedish population. Analysis of the molecular genetic basis.
- M. Dahl, I. Johansson, L. Bertilsson, M. Ingelman-Sundberg, F. Sjöqvist
- Biology, MedicineThe Journal of pharmacology and experimental…
- 1 July 1995
A haplotype with duplicated or amplified functional CYP2D6 genes predicts, with high accuracy, ultrarapid metabolism of debrisoquine.
Use of doping agents, particularly anabolic steroids, in sports and society
Drug utilization 90% – a simple method for assessing the quality of drug prescribing
- U. Bergman, C. Popa, F. Sjöqvist
- Medicine, Political ScienceEuropean Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
- 1 April 1998
The idea that the number of drugs accounting for 90% of drug use – drug utilization 90% (DU90%) – may serve as an indicator of the quality of drug prescribing in routine health care is tested.
CYP2D6 and CYP2C19 genotype‐based dose recommendations for antidepressants: a first step towards subpopulation‐specific dosages
- J. Kirchheiner, K. Brøsen, J. Brockmöller
- Medicine, BiologyActa psychiatrica Scandinavica
- 1 September 2001
This review aimed to provide distinct dose recommendations for antidepressants based on the genotypes of cytochrome P450 enzymes CYP2D6 and CYP1C19 to provide a useful complementation to clinical monitoring and therapeutic drug monitoring.
The anti-doping hot-line, a means to capture the abuse of doping agents in the Swedish society and a new service function in clinical pharmacology
- A. Eklöf, Ann-Mari Thurelius, M. Garle, A. Rane, F. Sjöqvist
- MedicineEuropean Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
- 12 September 2003
In conclusion, abuse of doping agents appears to be a new public health problem that needs detection, medical care and prevention and should be compared with the very low number of ADRs reported by prescribers to the Swedish ADR committee during the same period.