Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Detection of hepatitis E virus in patients sera in southern Spain.
- M. Pérez-Gracia, M. S. Garcia-Valdivia, F. Galán, M. Rodríguez-Iglesias
- Medicine, Biology
- Acta virologica
The aim of the present study was to detect acute Hepatitis E virus (HEV) infection in patients with abnormal alanine transaminase (ALT) in which other viral hepatitis infections had been excluded in… Expand
Expression of Proinflammatory Cytokines and Their Inhibitors During the Course of Spontaneous Bacterial Peritonitis
- C. Rodríguez-Ramos, F. Galán, F. Díaz, Javier Elvira, L. Martín-Herrera, J. Girón-González
- Digestive Diseases and Sciences
- 1 August 2001
The aim of this work was the evaluation, in cirrhotic patients with noninfected ascites and with spontaneous bacterial peritonitis (SBP), of serum and ascitic fluid levels of proinflammatory… Expand
Onychoprotothecosis due to Prototheca wickerhamii
- F. Galán, P. García-Martos, M. Jesús Palomo, Manuel Beltrán, J. Gil, J. Mira
- Biology, Medicine
Infection by Prototheca, microscopic, unicellular, aerobic, achlorophyllic algae closely related to the green algae Chlorella, is rare in man. Multiple species of Prototheca had been described.… Expand
Detection of Hepatitis G Virus (HGV) RNA and Antibodies to the HGV Envelope Protein E2 in a Cohort of Hemodialysis Patients
- T. Pérez-Gracia, F. Galán, +4 authors M. Rodríguez-Iglesias
- Journal of Clinical Microbiology
- 1 November 2000
ABSTRACT An analysis of the evolution of hepatitis G virus (HGV) infection markers was performed for a cohort of 58 hemodialyzed patients. During follow-up (4.88 ± 0.42 years), a group of these… Expand
Serial analysis of serum and ascitic fluid levels of soluble adhesion molecules and chemokines in patients with spontaneous bacterial peritonitis
- J. Girón-González, C. Rodríguez-Ramos, +4 authors L. Martín-Herrera
- Clinical and experimental immunology
- 1 January 2001
The aim of this work was the evaluation of serum and ascitic fluid levels of chemokines (IL‐8, growth‐regulated oncogene (Gro‐α), and monocyte chemotactic protein‐1 (MCP‐1)), and of soluble adhesion… Expand
[Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis from Campylobacter fetus].
- C. Rodríguez Ramos, F. Galán, A. García Tapia, A. Porcel, A. Amaya, L. Martín
- Revista espanola de enfermedades digestivas…
- 1 June 1997
A patient with cirrhosis and ascites who developed spontaneous bacterial peritonitis due to Campylobacter fetus is described herein. This organism has been increasingly associated with bacteremia and… Expand
A 3-year follow-up of HCV-RNA viraemia in haemodialysis patients.
- F. Galán, M. Pérez-Gracia, A. Lozano, B. Benavides, E. Fernández-Ruiz, M. Rodríguez-Iglesias
- Nephrology, dialysis, transplantation : official…
- 1 May 1998
BACKGROUND Hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection in a population of haemodialysed patients was studied over a 3-year follow-up period in order to evaluate the changes in viral RNA, diversity of… Expand
[Saccharomyces cerevisiae vaginitis].
Increase in high resistance to penicillin of clinical isolates of Streptococcus pneumoniae in Cádiz, Spain.
The aim was to determine the increase and present standing of penicillin-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae in Cádiz, Spain. We have studied retrospectively a total of 385 strains of S. pneumoniae… Expand
Relationship of hepatitis C viremia to HIV state and to infection by specific hepatitis C genotypes.
- T. Pérez-Gracia, F. Galán, C. Fernández-Gutiérrez, J. Girón, M. Rodríguez-Iglesias
- 1 August 1999
AIMS/BACKGROUND This study was undertaken to examine the relationship of hepatitis C (HCV) viremia to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection and to investigate the evidence of infection by… Expand