Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Share This Author
382. Xanthones and thioxanthones. Part IV. The preparation and properties of 9-oxa-1-aza-anthrone and 9-thia-1-aza-anthrone
Chemistry of Phosphorus
- F. G. Mann
- 1 August 1959
Phosphorus and Its CompoundsBy John R. Van Wazer. Vol. 1: Chemistry. Pp. xiii + 954. (New York: Interscience Publishers, Inc.; London: Interscience Publishers, Ltd., 1958.) 208s.
237. The comparative reactivity of the carbonyl groups in the thionaphthenquinones. Part II. The influence of substituent groups in the thionaphthenquinones
74. The stereochemistry of organic derivatives of phosphorus. Part I. The synthesis of acidic and basic dissymmetric tertiary phosphines. The optical resolution of…
223. Tetra-aryl phosphonium, arsonium, and stibonium salts. Part I. A new method of preparation
2. Optical rotatory power and molecular structure. Part I. The synthesis and optical resolution of As-spirobis-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-arsinolinium iodide
162. Xanthones and thioxanthones. Part I. The synthesis of 2- and 3-dialkylaminoalkylamino-derivatives
Paraxanthine as a Natural Antithyroid Substance
It is reported that the basal metabolic rate is normally controlled in the rat not by the concentration of the thyroid secretion in the internal medium alone but by interaction between this secretion and an anti-thyroid substance which is identified as paraxanthine (1:7-dimethylxanthine).