Share This Author
Electricity Smart Meters Interfacing the Households
- F. Benzi, N. Anglani, E. Bassi, L. Frosini
- EngineeringIEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics
- 20 January 2011
The definition of a local interface for smart meters is proposed by looking at the actual European Union and international regulations, at the technological solutions available on the market, and at those implemented in different countries, by proposing specific architectures for a proper consumer-oriented implementation of a smart meter network.
Communication architectures for electrical drives
An attempt is made at defining real-time operation for this application field, at reviewing the standardization work done to unify the electrical drive interfaces, and at encompassing the recently accepted solutions, including those based on the industrial Ethernet.
Hybrid position/force sliding mode control of a class of robotic manipulators
- E. Bassi, F. Benzi, L. M. Capisani, Davide Cuppone, A. Ferrara
- EngineeringProceedings of the 48h IEEE Conference on…
- 1 December 2009
The proposed hybrid control scheme includes position and force controllers based on first and second order sliding modes which guarantee suitable robustness properties to perform a satisfactory trajectory tracking and allowing one to make the robot move in an environment with unknown obstacles by using the possibility of touching the obstacles as a way to pass them by.
Communication protocols for electrical drives
- E. Bassi, F. Benzi, L. Lusetti, G. Buja
- Computer ScienceProceedings of IECON '95 - 21st Annual Conference…
- 6 November 1995
A review of the main communication protocols relating to industrial applications of electrical drives, according to serial point-to-point or multipoint connection, by considering the most significant features from the point of view of the drive producer and user and showing how they can affect the control performances of the drives.
Powerline communication in electric vehicles
- E. Bassi, F. Benzi, L. Almeida, T. Nolte
- EngineeringIEEE International Electric Machines and Drives…
- 3 May 2009
In full electric (EV) or hybrid electric (HEV) vehicles the onboard communication is a crucial issue, that can take advantage from a reliable and robust interaction among the embedded units (ECUs)…
IIoT based efficiency monitoring of a Gantry robot
- S. Farne, E. Bassi, F. Benzi, F. Compagnoni
- Computer ScienceIEEE 14th International Conference on Industrial…
- 1 July 2016
This paper shows how, within the IIoT frame topics, the plant efficiency can be addressed and bring relevant improvement and proves it with a practical example based on a Gantry robot, driven in an EtherCAT based automation network.
Parameter identification of an high efficiency pma synchronous reluctance motor for design and control
- F. Calegari, Giuseppe Federico, E. Bassi, F. Benzi
- EngineeringIEEE International Symposium on Sensorless…
- 1 September 2017
This paper is aimed at identifying the design parameters of a PM Assisted Synchronous Reluctance Motor (PMASyRM), by using cheaper magnets than those used for the equivalent stator of a Permanent Magnetsynchronous Motor taken as a reference.
Gamification Techniques for Rule Management in Ambient Intelligence
It is suggested that user interfaces for rule construction must be integrated with proper techniques for user engagement and motivation, such as those proposed in the gamification theory, in the Ambient Intelligence context.
Wireless temperature sensing in electrical motors with XBee modules
- A. Floriduz, E. Bassi, F. Benzi, G. Secondo, P. S. Termini
- EngineeringIEEE Workshop on Electrical Machines Design…
- 26 March 2015
This paper describes a wireless temperature measurement system, aimed to thermal analyses of rotating parts of electrical machines. The device was designed and manufactured in small dimensions,…
New techniques to simulate and diagnose stator winding faults in low voltage induction motors
- L. Frosini, A. Borin, A. Albini, F. Benzi
- EngineeringXXth International Conference on Electrical…
- 12 November 2012
This paper presents the experimental results obtained by implementing two different methods to simulate stator short circuits in laboratory for induction motors. In order to diagnose this fault, the…