Populations of the Butterfly Goodeid (Ameca splendens) in the Upper Rio Ameca Basin, Mexico
- E. López-López, J. Paulo-Maya, A. Carvajal, Esperanza Ortiz-Ordóñez, Esther Uría-Galicia, Erika Mendoza Reynosa
- Environmental Science
- 1 December 2004
ABSTRACT The endangered endemic fish Ameca splendens was surveyed monthly from June 2001 to May 2002 at two sites in the upper Rio Ameca basin. Both populations demonstrated two annual reproduction…
Comparative Anatomical and Histological Study of the Alimentary Canal of Dendroctonus parallelocollis, D. rhizophagus, and D. valens (Coleoptera: Scolytidae)
A comparative study of the anatomy and histology of the alimentary canal of Dendroctonus parallelocollis Chapuis, D. rhizophagus Thomas &; Bright, and D. valens LeConte shows similar characteristics…
The role of vitellogenin during gestation of Girardinichthys viviparus and Ameca splendens; two goodeid fish with matrotrophic viviparity.
Effect of Yerbimat Herbicide on Lipid Peroxidation, Catalase Activity, and Histological Damage in Gills and Liver of the Freshwater Fish Goodea Atripinnis
- Esperanza Ortiz-Ordóñez, Esther Uría-Galicia, E. López-López
- Environmental ScienceArchives of Environmental Contamination and…
- 9 February 2011
The results of the short-term exposure study indicate that Yerbimat can potentially induce oxidative stress in G. atripinnis, because LPX was increased in the gills and liver.
Histopathological Alterations in the Gonad of Megapitaria squalida (Mollusca: Bivalvia) Inhabiting a Heavy Metals Polluted Environment.
- J. A. Yee‐Duarte, B. Ceballos-Vázquez, M. Arellano-Martínez, M. A. Camacho-Mondragón, Esther Uría-Galicia
- BiologyJournal of Aquatic Animal Health
- 1 June 2018
The results showed the deteriorated health condition of gonads in M. squalida from the Santa Rosalía mining port, which suggests there is a relationship with chronic exposure to local high levels of heavy metals and a strong adverse effect on gametogenesis, gamete quality, and, ultimately, in the reproductive potential of M.squalida at this site.
Evaluation of kidney injury biomarkers in rat amniotic fluid after gestational exposure to cadmium
- T. Jacobo-Estrada, M. Cardenas-Gonzalez, O. Barbier
- Biology, MedicineJournal of Applied Toxicology
- 27 January 2016
G gestational exposure to cadmium induces structural alterations in fetal renal tissue that can be detected by some kidney injury biomarkers in amniotic fluid samples, and these findings are shown to induce tubular damage and precipitations in the renal pelvis.
Ultrastructural and Histological Study of Oogenesis and Oocyte Degeneration in the Penshell Atrina maura (Bivalvia: Pinnidae)
- M. A. Camacho-Mondragón, B. Ceballos-Vázquez, Esther Uría-Galicia, E. O. López-Villegas, R. Pipe, M. Arellano-Martínez
- 1 December 2015
The cytoplasm of vitellogenic oocytes contains numerous whorls of rough endoplasmic reticulum and Golgi bodies, suggesting that auto-synthetic viteLLogenesis may occur in this species.
Morphological and histological development of the reproductive system of Pomacea patula catemacensis (Baker 1922) (Mollusca, Caenogastropoda: Ampullariidae)
- Aura Carreón-Palau, Esther Uría-Galicia, F. Espinosa-Chávez, F. Martínez-Jerónimo
- 1 December 2003
El "tegogolo" Pomacea patula catemacensis es un gasteropodo dulceacuicola comestible, endemico del Lago de Catemaco en Veracruz, Mexico, y es posible identificar el grado de madurez of los caracoles utilizando criterios anatomicos visuales.
Ultrastructure of Sperm Development and Mature Sperm Morphology in Spondylus calcifer and S. Princeps (Bivalvia: Spondylidae)
- M. Villalejo-Fuerte, M. A. Camacho-Mondragón, B. Ceballos-Vázquez, E. O. López-Villegas, Esther Uría-Galicia, M. Arellano-Martínez
- 30 May 2018
Overall, spermatogenesis in Spondylus princeps and calcifer Carpenter showed the typical pattern reported for other bivalve species, except for a few specific details.
Reproductive Cycle of Hexaplex princeps (Broderip, 1833)
- Verónica Mitsui Saito-Quezada, Esther Uría-Galicia, J. Gómez-Márquez, Ana Bertha Villaseñor-Martínez, M. L. Jiménez-Badillo, I. Salgado-Ugarte
- Environmental Science, BiologyReproductive Biology and Technology in Animals
- 12 July 2019
During two annual periods, the reproductive cycle of the gastropod Hexaplex princeps from Puerto Ángel, Oaxaca, Mexico was studied through gonadal histology. Sex proportion for the collected…