Prevalence and specificity of LKB1 genetic alterations in lung cancers
- S. Matsumoto, R. Iwakawa, J. Yokota
- Biology, MedicineOncogene
- 30 August 2007
Somatic LKB1 genetic alterations preferentially occur in a subset of poorly differentiated lung AdCs that appear to correlate with smoking males, and are significantly more frequent in poorly differentiated tumors.
Antibody-Dependent Cellular Cytotoxicity Mediated by Cetuximab against Lung Cancer Cell Lines
- J. Kurai, H. Chikumi, E. Shimizu
- Biology, MedicineClinical Cancer Research
- 1 March 2007
ADCC activity was enhanced by interleukin-2 mainly through activation of NK cells and was less susceptible to immunosuppression by chemotherapy than NK activity in lung cancer patients.
Approximate entropy of human respiratory movement during eye-closed waking and different sleep stages.
- N. Burioka, G. Cornelissen, E. Shimizu
Respiratory movement and EEG signals are more regular during stage IV sleep than during other stages of consciousness, suggesting the involvement of nonlinear dynamic processes in the coordination between brain and lungs.
Frequent EGFR mutations in brain metastases of lung adenocarcinoma
- S. Matsumoto, Kenji Takahashi, J. Yokota
- Medicine, BiologyInternational Journal of Cancer
- 15 September 2006
It is indicated that EGFR mutations are present frequently in brain metastases and occur preceding brain metastasis, which will be highly informative for treatment of metastatic lung adenocarcinoma to the brain.
Sequence variability and candidate gene analysis in two cancer patients with complex clinical outcomes during morphine therapy.
- Takeshi Hirota, I. Ieiri, K. Otsubo
- Biology, MedicineDrug Metabolism And Disposition
- 1 May 2003
Genetic differences in two morphine-related gene sequences, UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 2B7 (UGT2B7) and mu opioid receptors (MOR1), in two cancer patients whose clinical responses to morphine were very different are presented.
Measurement of Pseudomonas aeruginosa multidrug efflux pumps by quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction.
- K. Yoneda, H. Chikumi, E. Shimizu
- BiologyFEMS Microbiology Letters
- 1 February 2005
Approximate Entropy in the Electroencephalogram during Wake and Sleep
- N. Burioka, M. Miyata, E. Shimizu
- BiologyClinical EEG and Neuroscience
- 1 January 2005
It is concluded that ApEn measurement can be useful to estimate sleep stages and the complexity in brain activity and the ApEn values were found to differ with statistical significance among the six different stages of consciousness.
Clock gene dysfunction in patients with obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome
- N. Burioka, S. Koyanagi, E. Shimizu
- Biology, MedicineEuropean Respiratory Journal
- 1 July 2008
Sympathetic activation and elevation of the plasma noradrenaline concentration in obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome may be one of the factors involved in disorders of Period1 mRNA expression.
Expression of functional leukotriene B4 receptors on human airway smooth muscle cells.
- Satoko Watanabe, A. Yamasaki, E. Shimizu
- Biology, MedicineJournal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- 1 July 2009
Correlation between Asian dust storms and worsening asthma in Western Japan.
- Masanari Watanabe, A. Yamasaki, E. Shimizu
- MedicineAllergology International
It was found that ADS aggravated lower respiratory symptoms in adult patients with asthma, but this influence was mild.