Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Effect of cold face stimulation on cerebral blood flow in humans
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE In humans, activation of the diving reflex by a cold stimulus to the face results in bradycardia, peripheral vasoconstriction and an increase in blood pressure. However,… Expand
Hypertension-Related Admissions and Outcome in a Tertiary Hospital in Northeast Nigeria
- P. Kolo, Y. Jibrin, E. Sanya, M. Alkali, I. B. Peter Kio, R. Moronkola
- International journal of hypertension
- 19 June 2012
Cardiovascular disease has reached near epidemic proportion in sub-Saharan Africa, and systemic hypertension (SH) remains the driver of cardiovascular complications. We studied hypertension-related… Expand
Pattern and outcome of medical admission of elderly patients seen at University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, Ilorin.
- E. Sanya, T. Akande, G. Opadijo, J. Olarinoye, B. Bojuwoye
- African journal of medicine and medical sciences
- 1 December 2008
The elderly are increasingly been hospitalised into medical wards in Nigeria and little information is currently available on this group of patients. The objective of this study was to describe the… Expand
Profile and causes of mortality among elderly patients seen in a tertiary care hospital in Nigeria.
- E. Sanya, A. Abiodun, P. Kolo, T. Olanrewaju, K. Adekeye
- Annals of African medicine
- 1 October 2011
BACKGROUND Old age is one of the factors associated with increased risk of dying when admitted to hospital. Therefore, aim of this study was to examine causes and pattern of death among elderly… Expand
Antihypertensive drug utilization and conformity to guidelines in a sub-Saharan African hypertensive population.
- T. Olanrewaju, A. Aderibigbe, O. Busari, E. Sanya
- International journal of clinical pharmacology…
BACKGROUND Despite availability and usage of wide array of antihypertensive drugs, blood pressure has remained poorly controlled in most health care settings particularly in Africa. The cost of these… Expand
Prevalence and determinants of erectile dysfunction among people with type 2 diabetes in Ilorin, Nigeria.
- J. Olarinoye, S. Kuranga, I. Katibi, O. Adediran, A. Jimoh, E. Sanya
- The Nigerian postgraduate medical journal
- 1 December 2006
STUDY OBJECTIVES To determine the prevalence and determinants of Erectile Dysfunction (ED) among men with Type 2 diabetes mellitus. MATERIALS AND METHODS Seventy-seven adult men with Type 2… Expand
Ownership and utilisation of long lasting insecticide treated nets following free distribution campaign in South West Nigeria
- S. Aderibigbe, F. A. Olatona, +9 authors T. Akande
- The Pan African medical journal
- 11 April 2014
Introduction Malaria has proven to be the most horrendous and intractable amongst the health problems confronting countries in the sub-Saharan Africa. This study aims to determine the ownership and… Expand
Prevalence of stroke in three semi-urban communities in middle-belt region of Nigeria: a door to door survey
- E. Sanya, O. Desalu, F. Adepoju, S. Aderibigbe, A. Shittu, O. Olaosebikan
- The Pan African medical journal
- 13 January 2015
Introduction The burden of stroke has been projected to increase for developing countries, but data are limited, especially in sub-Saharan Africa. This necessitated this study to determine the stroke… Expand
Interest in neurology during medical clerkship in three Nigerian medical schools
BackgroundThis study sought to ascertain perception of Nigerian medical students of neurology in comparison with 7 other major medical specialties. To also determine whether neurology was the… Expand
Lung cancer awareness and anticipated delay before seeking medical help in the middle-belt population of Nigeria.
- O. Desalu, A. Fawibe, E. Sanya, O. Ojuawo, A. Aladesanmi, A. Salami
- The international journal of tuberculosis and…
- 1 April 2016
SETTING Ilorin metropolis in the middle-belt region of Nigeria. OBJECTIVES To determine the awareness about warning signs and risk factors for lung cancer and the anticipated delay before seeking… Expand