Share This Author
Sexual behavior in male rodents
Pharmacological analysis of male rat sexual behavior
Dopamine and serotonin: influences on male sexual behavior
Sex differences in anxiety and depression: Role of testosterone
Dopamine, the medial preoptic area, and male sexual behavior
A Role for Hypocretin (Orexin) in Male Sexual Behavior
- J. Muschamp, J. Dominguez, Satoru M. Sato, R. Shen, E. Hull
- BiologyJournal of Neuroscience
- 14 March 2007
The view that hcrt/orx peptides may act in a steroid-sensitive manner to facilitate the energized pursuit of natural rewards like sex via activation of the mesolimbic DA system is supported.
Hormone-neurotransmitter interactions in the control of sexual behavior
Extracellular Serotonin in the Lateral Hypothalamic Area Is Increased during the Postejaculatory Interval and Impairs Copulation in Male Rats
- D. Lorrain, L. Matuszewich, Ross D. Friedman, E. Hull
- Biology, PsychologyJournal of Neuroscience
- 1 December 1997
The data support the large body of evidence suggesting that 5-HT is inhibitory to masculine sexual behavior and suggest that the LHAA, but not the MPOA, may be one site responsible for serotonergic inhibition of copulation during the PEI.
D2/D1 ratio in the medial preoptic area affects copulation of male rats.
- E. Hull, R. Warner, T. Bazzett, R. C. Eaton, J. T. Thompson, L. L. Scaletta
- Biology, PsychologyJournal of Pharmacology and Experimental…
- 1 November 1989
Increasing the D2/D1 ratio in the MPOA, by selective stimulation of D2 and/or antagonism of D1 receptors, delays the onset of copulation and reduces ejaculatory threshold, possibly by altering autonomic control of penile reflexes.
Disorders of orgasm in women.
- C. Meston, E. Hull, R. Levin, M. Sipski
- Psychology, MedicineThe journal of sexual medicine
- 1 July 2004
The recommendations concerning state-of-the-art knowledge in the respective sexual medicine topic represent the opinion of experts from five continents developed in a process over a 2-year period.