Share This Author
Hierarchical structure of maladaptive personality traits in older adults: joint factor analysis of the PID-5 and the DAPP-BQ.
- J. Van den Broeck, Leen Bastiaansen, G. Rossi, E. Dierckx, Barbara De Clercq, J. Hofmans
- PsychologyJournal of personality disorders
- 14 April 2014
The current study focuses on the convergence of the proposed DSM-5 trait model with the Dimensional Assessment of Personality Pathology (DAPP) model in a sample of older people and Methodological and theoretical implications for the conceptualization of personality pathology are discussed.
Brief cognitive screening instruments for early detection of Alzheimer’s disease: a systematic review
- E. D. De Roeck, P. D. De Deyn, E. Dierckx, S. Engelborghs
- Psychology, MedicineAlzheimer's Research & Therapy
- 28 February 2019
The Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA) seems to be a promising screening test for memory clinic testing as well as for population screening, but the specificity to detect early AD is rather low.
Differentiation between mild cognitive impairment, Alzheimer's disease and depression by means of cued recall
- E. Dierckx, S. Engelborghs, R. de Raedt, P. D. De Deyn, I. Ponjaert-Kristoffersen
- Psychology, MedicinePsychological Medicine
- 1 September 2005
Cued recall, operationalized by the combined scores of VAT and MIS-plus, is a useful method for differentiating AD patients from depressed individuals and healthy controls.
Verbal cued recall as a predictor of conversion to Alzheimer's disease in Mild Cognitive Impairment
- E. Dierckx, S. Engelborghs, I. Ponjaert-Kristoffersen
- PsychologyInternational journal of geriatric psychiatry
- 1 October 2009
This study was set up to investigate whether neuropsychological tests are able to predict conversion to AD among Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) patients.
The positivity effect in older adults: The role of affective interference and inhibition
Observations about interference and inhibition toward sad and happy faces in healthy elderly people compared to a younger population are indicative for a decreased negative bias in older adults at information processing level.
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on wellbeing and cognitive functioning of older adults
- Sarah De Pue, C. Gillebert, E. Dierckx, M. Vanderhasselt, R. de Raedt, E. Van den Bussche
- Psychology, MedicinemedRxiv
- 1 September 2020
The study shows that the COVID-19 pandemic had a severe impact on the mental health of older adults, and implies that this group at risk requires attention of governments and healthcare.
Age-Neutrality of the Trait Facets Proposed for Personality Disorders in DSM-5: A DIFAS Analysis of the PID-5
- Joke Van den Broeck, Leen Bastiaansen, G. Rossi, E. Dierckx, Barbara De Clercq
- 27 June 2013
An age-neutral measurement system is one of the basic conditions for an accurate personality assessment across the lifespan, both longitudinally and cross-sectionally. In this study the…
Exploring Cognitive Frailty: Prevalence and Associations with Other Frailty Domains in Older People with Different Degrees of Cognitive Impairment
- E. D. De Roeck, A. van der Vorst, S. Engelborghs, G. Zijlstra, E. Dierckx
- Psychology, MedicineGerontology
- 22 July 2019
It is shown that cognitive frailty can occur independently from the other frailty domains, including physical frailty, and therefore it can be seen as a distinct concept.
Early Maladaptive Schemas in Eating Disordered Patients With or Without Non-Suicidal Self-Injury.
- Els Pauwels, E. Dierckx, K. Schoevaerts, L. Claes
- PsychologyEuropean eating disorders review : the journal of…
- 1 September 2016
Patients with ED with N SSI reported significantly higher EMS levels compared with patients without NSSI, suggesting that they could be of particular interest to benefit from schema therapy.
Parental Autonomy-Support and Psychological Control in Eating Disorder Patients with and without Binge-Eating/Purging Behavior and Non-Suicidal Self-Injury
- Lies Depestele, B. Soenens, G. Lemmens, E. Dierckx, K. Schoevaerts, L. Claes
- 22 February 2017
The current study examines whether autonomy-supportive and controlling parenting are related to the presence/absence of binge-eating/purging behavior and/or non-suicidal self-injury in adolescents…