Flagellate infections of Brazilian sand flies (Diptera: Psychodidae): isolation in vitro and biochemical identification of Endotrypanum and Leishmania.
- J. Arias, M. Miles, E. Castellón
- BiologyAmerican Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
- 1 November 1985
Observations suggested that Shannoni group sand flies were the natural vectors of Endotrypanum.
Distribution of Phlebotomine Sand Flies (Diptera: Psychodidae) in the State of Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil
- M. F. Ximenes, E. Castellón, S. Jerônimo
- MedicineJournal of medical entomology
The widespread distribution of L. longipalpis, its adaptation to peridomicillary settings, and its ability to transmit L. (d.) chagasi suggest that a large number of persons may be at risk of acquiring visceral leishmaniasis in the state of Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil.
Density of sand flies (Diptera: psychodidae) in domestic and wild animal shelters in an area of visceral Leishmaniasis in the state of Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil.
- M. F. Ximenes, M. F. Souza, E. Castellón
- BiologyMemórias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz
- 1 July 1999
The results suggest that different sand flies species have different behavioral characteristics in an apparent preference for animal baits and that Lutzomyia longipalpis and Lu.
Distribution of sandflies (Diptera:Psychodidae) on tree-trunks in a non-flooded area of the Ducke Forest Reserve, Manaus, AM, Brazil.
- M. R. Cabanillas, E. Castellón
- Environmental ScienceMemórias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz
- 1 May 1999
Sandflies were collected in the base of tree-trunks in the seasons of high and least rainfall in the Ducke Forest Reserve, near Manaus in the State of Amazonas. Lutzomyia umbratilis was the most…
[Visceral leishmaniasis among Indians of the State of Roraima, Brazil: clinical and epidemiologic aspects of the cases observed from 1989 to 1993].
- J. Guerra, M. L. Barros, Í. Sherlock
- MedicineRevista da Sociedade Brasileira de Medicina…
- 1 July 2004
The human and animal cases as well as the vectors were concentrated in areas where mountains and arable soil predominate, typical locations for the occurrence of American visceral leishmaniasis.
On the focus of kala-azar in the state of Roraima, Brazil.
- E. Castellón, E. D. Domingos
- Geography, MedicineMemórias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz
- 1 July 1991
CALLIPHORIDAE (DIPTERA) IN MANAUS: IV. BACTERIA ISOLATED FROM BLOWFLIES COLLECTED IN STREET MARKETS
- N. D. Paraluppi, J. C. Vasconcelos, J. D. S. Aquino, E. Castellón, Maria do Socorro Barreto da Silva
- 1 June 1996
A presenca de E. coli na cidade de Manaus, estado do Amazonas, Brasil sugere que esta ocorrendo contaminacao fecal e that estas moscas sao veiculos potenciais de bacterias enteropatogenicas para os alimentos expostos foram isoladas.
New Neotropical Culicoides and redescription of Culicoides reticulatus Lutz (Diptera: Ceratopogonidae).
- M. C. A. Santarém, Rosimeire Lopes da Trindade, Tiago do Nascimento da Silva, E. Castellón, Cátia Mello Patiu, M. Felippe-Bauer
- 13 May 2014
Seven new species of the Culicoides reticulatus species group are described and illustrated based on specimens from Colombia, Panama and Brazilian states of northern (Amazonas, Pará and Roraima) and…
Calliphoridae (Diptera) in Manaus: I. Taxonomic survey and seasonality.
- N. D. Paraluppi, E. Castellón
Culicoides latreille (Diptera, Ceratopogonidae) in brazilian amazon. V: efficiency of traps and baits and vertical stratification in the forest reserve adolpho ducke
- R. Veras, E. Castellón
- Environmental Science, Biology
Monthly catches were carried out during five days/month in the Adolpho Ducke Forest Reserve (Manaus, Amazonas), from February 1990 to January 1991 in order to assess the sandfly fauna of that region,…