Share This Author
Open pond cultures of indigenous algae grown on non-arable land in an arid desert using wastewater
- Dominik Winckelmann, Franziska Bleeke, Bimiya Thomas, Clemens Elle, G. Klöck
- Environmental ScienceInternational Aquatic Research
- 24 June 2015
The algae production on non-arable land in the al-Wusta region of the Sultanate of Oman was evaluated and weed algae, mainly Cyanobacteria and diatoms were detected microscopically in all cultures by the first to seventh day of growth.
Growth of Cyanobacterium aponinum influenced by increasing salt concentrations and temperature
- Dominik Winckelmann, Franziska Bleeke, P. Bergmann, G. Klöck
- Environmental Science3 Biotech
- 18 May 2014
C. aponinum PB1 showed no sign of altered growth behavior in media containing 70 g L−1 NaCl or less and detection of a negative effect of NaCl on the growth using Pulse-Amplitude-Modulation chlorophyll fluorescence analysis was not more sensitive than optical density measurement.
Optimization of freshwater microalgal biomass harvest using polymeric flocculants
- Franziska Bleeke, Malgorzata Milas, Dominik Winckelmann, G. Klöck
- Engineering, BiologyInternational Aquatic Research
- 10 July 2015
In the present study, 15 polyelectrolytes were tested for their potential to harvest algal biomass and the biocompatibility of an efficient flocculant was tested in a recycling experiment over a period of 8 weeks.
Effect of voltage and electrode material on electroflocculation of Scenedesmus acuminatus
- Franziska Bleeke, G. Quante, Dominik Winckelmann, G. Klöck
- Materials ScienceBioresources and Bioprocessing
- 12 August 2015
BackgroundMicroalgae are a promising new source for biomass production. One of the major challenges in regards to cost effectiveness is the biomass harvest. High energy input is required for the…
Gene transfer into Solanum tuberosum via Rhizobium spp.
- Toni Wendt, F. Doohan, Dominik Winckelmann, E. Mullins
- Biology, MedicineTransgenic Research
- 1 April 2011
The ability of alternative bacteria species to genetically transform this major food crop will provide a novel resource to the Solanaceae community as it continues to develop potato as both a food and non-food crop.
Detection of weed algae in open pond cultures of Cyanobacterium aponinum using PAM
- Dominik Winckelmann, Franziska Bleeke, P. Bergmann, Clemens Elle, G. Klöck
- BiologyInternational Aquatic Research
- 26 February 2016
The potential use of non-arable land in the al-Wusta region of the Sultanate of Oman for the production of algae biomass was examined and a detection limit of one weed algae cell in a hundred cells was achieved.
Isolation and Characterization of New Temperature Tolerant Microalgal Strains for Biomass Production
- Franziska Bleeke, Vincent M. Rwehumbiza, Dominik Winckelmann, G. Klöck
- Engineering, Biology
- 25 November 2014
In this study 130 environmental samples collected in Germany, Spain, Italy and Portugal were investigated for fast growing thermotolerant photosynthetic species and molecular identification revealed that the isolates were all chlorophytes belonging to four different families.
Development of a management system for large scale algae cultures
- Dominik Winckelmann
- 1 June 2015
It was shown that simple steps during the management of an algae growth process have a tremendous impact on the assertiveness of unwanted indigenous algae and the productivity of the production strain.