Author pages are created from data sourced from our academic publisher partnerships and public sources.
Share This Author
Idiopathic CD4+ lymphocytopenia: natural history and prognostic factors.
Seven patients died, 4 from ICL-related opportunistic infections, within 42 months after diagnosis, and Immunologic analyses revealed increased activation and turnover in CD4 but not CD8 T lymphocytes, which were associated with adverse outcome.
Update on azole antifungals.
- Dimitrios I. Zonios, J. Bennett
- Biology, MedicineSeminars in respiratory and critical care…
- 1 April 2008
Fluconazole remains a valuable low-cost choice for the treatment of various fungal infections, including candidiasis and cryptococcosis, and itraconazole exhibits significant activity against Aspergillus and the endemic fungi.
Hallucinations during voriconazole therapy.
- Dimitrios I. Zonios, J. Gea-Banacloche, R. Childs, J. Bennett
- Medicine, BiologyClinical infectious diseases : an official…
- 1 July 2008
Hallucinations associated with voriconazole use are not uncommon, and doctors should be aware of this complication, and the recipients of the drug should be reassured that the hallucinations are an effect of theDrug.
Voriconazole metabolism, toxicity, and the effect of cytochrome P450 2C19 genotype.
- Dimitrios I. Zonios, H. Yamazaki, J. Bennett
- Medicine, BiologyThe Journal of infectious diseases
- 15 June 2014
There was no correlation between photosensitivity or hepatotoxicity and levels of voriconazole or metabolites, and CYP2C19 and 2C9 genotypes were not major determinants of vOriconazoles metabolism.
Cryptococcosis and Idiopathic CD4 Lymphocytopenia
- Dimitrios I. Zonios, J. Falloon, Chiung-yu Huang, D. Chaitt, J. Bennett
- Medicine, BiologyMedicine
- 1 March 2007
We reviewed the cases of 11 patients with cryptococcosis and idiopathic CD4 lymphocytopenia (ICL) referred to our institution in the previous 12 years, as well as 42 similar cases reported in the…
Gross chylous ascites in cirrhosis with massive portal vein thrombosis: diagnostic value of lymphoscintigraphy. A case report and review of the literature.
- A. Archimandritis, Dimitrios I. Zonios, D. Karadima, P. Vlachoyiannopoulos, D. Kiriaki, G. Hatzis
- MedicineEuropean journal of gastroenterology & hepatology
It is confirmed that gross chylous ascites in a patient with cirrhosis and portal vein thrombosis heralds an ominous prognosis for the patient, and results demonstrate that common therapeutic interventions confer minimal benefit to the patient.
Safety of Lactobacillus strains used as probiotic agents.
- N. Sipsas, Dimitrios I. Zonios, T. Kordossis
- Biology, MedicineClinical infectious diseases : an official…
- 1 May 2002
A randomized study to compare oral fluconazole to amphotericin B in the prevention of fungal infections in patients with acute leukaemia and the impact of antimicrobial use practices is presented.
Idiopathic CD 4 lymphocytopenia : natural history and prognostic factors
1Laboratory of Clinical Infectious Diseases, 2Laboratory of Immunoregulation, and 3Biostatistics Research Branch, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health,…
Zonios DI, Falloon J, Bennett JE, et al. Idiopathic CD4+ lymphocytopenia: natural history and prognostic factors. Blood. 2008;112(2):287-294.